trainee accountant

smarty121

Can anyone tell me what the job market is like for trainee accountants at the moment, have a business degree but absolutely no accounts experience, will i find it difficult to secure a job in dublin just started my job search today.

There are jobs out there but with no experience you looking at a very low start off wage.

I am training for accounts and have no experience in an accounting practice however i do have 3 years in a company dealing with accounts and i could be constantly in interviews if i had the time!

Best bet if you have the time is to get the recruitment agencies looking for you aswell as looking yourslef.

Defo no problems!

Are you going to continue your studies to do ACA/ ACCA/ PCA exams? If so usually firms take on students @ September time but they would be on the lookout for students now! You could agree on a early start date.

Be careful thou - some employers especially if your looking to do ACA exams ask you to sign a 3 and a half year contract. Effectively you'll be on bad money until you get your final exams but its worth it!

thanks for that guys, its just i,ve been e-mailing my cv to various agencies but not getting many calls back. this has surprised me a bit as i thought that demand outstripped supply for trainees?

Back