Tracker mortgage with ltv < 60%

sweetie

Would I be right in saying that the best value for me would be with NIB and a rate of 3.54? I know bank of scoland do a discounted rate for first two years but then it rises to 3.7, I think. Is it better to deal with a broker or direcly with lender when switching mortgage? Thanks.

Yes, that's the best tracker rate going at the moment, AFAIK — unless you wanted to consider their (still quite competitive) [broken link removed]?

NIB don't deal with brokers, only through their branch network. It's no longer mentioned on their website, so you'll have to ask them whether they still offer the €1,000 towards legal fees that they used to.

They only offer €600 towards legal fees these days (this into is amount 2 months old so might have changed again!)

Apparently they are doing a new promotion in september that will pay the full fees.

Now I'm not sure to fix or get the tracker. Is there only one fixed rate for all ltv's?

Thanks

If you move your current account to the easy plus package the legal fee refund is €1000 otherwise it's €600.

NIB isn't always the best for all LTVs <60%. First Active have a tracker of 0.75% above ECB for loans >€500,000 and <80%.

No such thing as a stupid question Frank - a tracker mortgage is a variable rate loan (i.e. repayments can go up or down depending on the decisions of the European Central Bank or ECB) but they will never stray outside an agreed margin above the ECB rate. The ECB rate is presently 2.75% so a Tracker rate offering ECB + 0.75% means that the actual interest rate is 3.5% at present.

Back