Tracker mortgage v's variable

Reading the thread, can I just ask this question, I only took up a mortgage in November with ptsb on the tracker rate of 5.1%. At the time they offered the best interest rate for a first time buyer with 100% mortgage. The question is could changing of mortgage provider for a better rate be an option at this stage. I am just curious, the amount is €197k over 34years.

You could try but you might be limited by the 100% mortgage. Not many banks are doing them anymore

why not get them to fax over the docs, you sign them and then post them back. That is hardly a lot of hassle and could potentially save you 385 between now and june. I completed my mortgage application from the Netherlands and it cost me about €2 for a postage stamp.

Alternatively for the small fee of €385 tell me where to be and when and i will forge your signature :) (obviously joking mods!!!!!)

Will you do it for 250 Tony?:D
Seriously, You were able to do all the transactions from the Netherlands?
When I remortgaged, I applied by phone, but when it came to the crunch I had to go to my EBS branch and also go to the solicitor for it to be witnessed.
Have things changed that much?

Will you do it for 250 Tony?:D
Seriously, You were able to do all the transactions from the Netherlands?
When I remortgaged, I applied by phone, but when it came to the crunch I had to go to my EBS branch and also go to the solicitor for it to be witnessed.
Have things changed that much?

Generally there is no need to go near the bank, you will need to get docs sworn but that can be done by a lawyer in another country.

Generally there is no need to go near the bank, you will need to get docs sworn but that can be done by a lawyer in another country.

Maybe its just the EBS, but I had to go to the branch, there wasn't an option.
Maybe its done differently elsewhere.

Thanks for all the help and advice folks,

Now back on topic,sorry for the hijack........

I've seen some comments where people said you can't switch mortgage providers if you've a 100% mortgage. Is that true? I thought you might be able to switch in a case where the loan to value had gone down to approx 80%?

I've seen some comments where people said you can't switch mortgage providers if you've a 100% mortgage. Is that true? I thought you might be able to switch in a case where the loan to value had gone down to approx 80%?

I am sure you can but I can't imagine there are many people who took out 100% mortgages in the past year enjoying a 80% LTV unless they paid off some of the capital

Ok thanks. The 100% mortgage has been for around 2 ½ years now (longer for certain professions).

Ok thanks. The 100% mortgage has been for around 2 ½ years now (longer for certain professions).

Even with two and half years, I would question what the LTV is on certain properties with 100% mortgages.

The 100% mortgages for professionals and public sector workers are still on offer with most banks I think.

Back