Toyota Avensis V's Skoda Oct.

D

ddelaney

Folks,

Thinking of updating my car and looking between an Toyota Avensis and Skoda Oct.

I know the Toyota is a bit more, but is it worth it??? Any feelings?? I'm presonal moving towards the Avensis, anything I should beware of with this car??

i would go Toyota with no hesitation ( i do not own one and i am not a Toyota dealer:) ). Toyota's always come top on any car survey for reliability.

bacchus said:
i would go Toyota with no hesitation ( i do not own one and i am not a Toyota dealer:) ). Toyota's always come top on any car survey for reliability.

Apart from the highly influential JD Power survey check the other post in this area

Toyota is the car to go for here...although personally I'd go for neither. A Mondeo is a nicer car to drive. A friends company use the Avensis as their company car and he says they're not that nice to drive. Sort of like a big sofa on wheels. But by all accounts it's a nice car...I'm just not that mad on the styling.

The Toyota will hold its value well and be relatively easy to get rid of. It also has more status and class than the Skoda. Some people love 'em, otherwise will always think...it's a Skoda!

Toyota's are generally well made and are very reliable.

An Avensis is no drivers car however, and is dynamically well behind the class leaders.

It's a bit like driving an appliance - a fridge freezer or such. It will do exactly whta it's supposed to do, but with little style or panache, and with the fun element missing.

Sorry to muddy the water but the Octavia has hit top marks in Reliabity Ratings & Satisfaction Surveys. It comes down to a matter of choice. Personally, I do not like the Japanese Manufacturers, in spite of their Reliabity. I just find them boring. They are very Functional and do the job well. However, the Skoda/VW & German cars have more style, & have a more rugged feel - better drivers car maybe. Personal choise really. There probably isn't much between them.

I would try out the new Seat Leon - same VW lineage as the Skoda but a lot more flair

My other half was in an accident and wrote off his Golf TDi. Had to purchase a company diesel car to the value of €23,000 so could not get a new golf. Instead went with the Skoda Octavia Diesel. He drives upwards of 70,000 mls per year so wanted something comfortable. He loves it, great spec., very comfortable, huge boot.
Is not worried about the depreciation factor because its a company car. Did say however, that although the Octavia Engine has higher brake horsepower, it is not as fast as the Golf as it is a bigger car.

The only thing I dont like about it is that I expect people to try and hail us as they think we are out without the taxi sign!

Back