Tow Bar

droileen

Any advice as to where I could get a new tow bar fitted in South Dublin ?

I was quoted €450 (parts & labour & vat) in a Ford Garage but think this is an "over the top" price.

There is a place, Malcom's Caravans, mentioned here in posts before, he is located in Rathmines. Sounds like a nice guy and reasonably priced, I havn't used his services.

There is a place, Malcom's Caravans, mentioned here in posts before, he is located in Rathmines. Sounds like a nice guy and reasonably priced, I havn't used his services.

I've use the service twice - no problems.

Got a tow bar and electrics on a Laguna about a year ago. around 290 euro if i remember corrrectly. very efficient.

If you feel up to it you could buy one from micksgarage.ie and fit it yourself. I saved about €150. In any event check out the price and that will give you a fair idea of how much you are being charged for labour.

The one you were quoted on in the dealership is probably a Ford manufactured swivel towbar, therefore more expensive.

I sourced a superb detachable Westfalvia towbar from ebay for ~ £120. It is every bit as good as the official Bosal part priced €350-450.

A search reveals no previous threads. Could one of you PM me some contact details for Malcom's Caravans?

I'm getting one fitted in Healys Exhausts in Naas on Friday, so far they have come up best in price (I live between Galway and Mayo and have phoned all around closer to home) and efficient as well as pleasant and courteous on the phone....

Back