Total Average Tax Take

RobAMerc

Hi,

I am considering moving abroad and was told that inorder to asses the actual cost of living here/abroad I should do a total tax take estimate. i.e. Estimate exactly how much tax I pay in a year. Paye, Prsi, vat, tv licence, bin charges, vhi, road tax etc

Can anyone give me an idea how to calculate this - or at least tell me what the average person pays per year over to the govt to live here ? A precentage of Average industrial wage would do.

Thanks
Rob

Good luck with that calculation. It's impossible to do. It depends on how much money you earn on the one hand, and how much you spend on the other. It's not a good way to decide on whether to work abroad or not.

Why is this impossible?
Dont the ERSI do studies like this all the time to tell us the average family have XYZ euro left at the end of the month?

I am just using it as one factor in my descision - I consider it under the heading "Value for Money".
I suspect Ireland will do quite poorly.

I am just using it as one factor in my descision - I consider it under the heading "Value for Money".
I suspect Ireland will do quite poorly.
From my own experience of Ireland v Italy, Ireland fares out extremely well, as in approx double net disposable income, prices whilst slightly lower for the majority of things (and more expensive for a few, like beer!!, rent!) do not compensate for the relatively high income tax and low salaries (and I was paid about 25% more than my equivalent local).

Back