Total AMC 1% for PRSA

sparkdev

Today, I received a quote from a QFA that he can set-up executive only PRSA for 1% AMC. That includes the Davy-select PRSA platform fees and his commission through them for any advise. On top of that I need to pay for any fund charges such as Vanguard. I would like to know if it is a good deal or am I missing any important information.

Ask him if there are other pension products that would suit your needs better for a lower cost, e.g. Personal Pension or Executive Pension. PRSAs don't tend to be low cost.

If you're happy to go with low-cost Vanguard index-tracking funds, ask him to set up a Standard Life plan for you with annual costs of less than 0.5% which includes both the cost of the vehicle and the annual cost of the Vanguard fund.

Hi Dave, could you please let me know why standard life plan would be better than Davy-Select? What would be the total cost of Standard Life Plan with 0.5% AMC (only their fee) _ Financial advisor? Do you think it can be lower than 1% in total? I couldn't find such options at their fund portfolio (I can't paste the link here, some warning from this website) to their funds. Could you please share a link, if I am wrong about it.

Last edited:
That's my point - you can get this product with a total cost of less than 0.5% per year including both the cost of the fund and the cost of the vehicle. The only additional cost is what you have to pay your broker and that's at their discretion. Because of this discretion, Standard Life don't publish details on their website, but you can get full details from your broker.

Back