Top Three Songs of all time

Bubbly Scot

What's everyone's favourite songs of the moment? The one's you'll still be listening to in years to come.

I'd struggle but I'll give it a go....mostly because I want everyone else to inspire me with ideas to put on my ipod.

1. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (fairly new but I think it's going to stay at the top)

2. Bryan Adams - Everything I do (I do it for you)

3. The Temptations - Build me up Buttercup (been humming it for years)

oh! and Brown - eyed girl

PS the thread is called Top Three songs of all time but since that is a hard one, thought I'd change it to top three of the moment as pointed out by DavyJones. I can't change the thread title myself

Last edited:
Interesting and hard one as taste can change. mine are (at the moment):
1 Vincent- Don McClean
2 Chop suey- system of a down
3 Revelate- The Frames

And many more. I like three of your four Bubbly scot. never thought much of snow patrol, why can't they write a song that doesn't make you want to kill yourself and everybody else!

1. American Pie - Don McClean
2. Amazed - Lonestar
3. Hotel California - The Eagles

Der Holle Rache - The Magic Flute
A Nation once again or Broad Black Brimmer (I can't decide!)- Wolfe Tones
Manah Manah - The Muppet Show

You've got to hide your love away - Beatles
Waterfall - Stone Roses
Hurricane - Bob Dylan

4. Imagine - Beatles
5. Good Vibrations - Beach boys
6. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

My top six - could do this one all day!

1 Siouxsie & The Banshees - Dear Prudence
2 Stranglers - Golden Brown
3 Will You 1981 - Hazel O'Connor

Tie in third with either of

I Want To Be Free - Toyah
The Man who sold the world - Bowie

(Showing my vintage here.)

Keep them coming!

So far I've picked up everything from Joe1234, and "Lying Eyes" - The Eagles, along the way. The jurys still out on on the rest. What the heck is "Manah Manah"?

Oh I remember that! I went hoarse once trying to do the "Manah Manah" but I always said..... "Burumarump"

Do Doo De Doo Doo.........I'll be singing that all day now! Made the kids and I laugh til we cried! Thanks for the link.

Always happy to help a fellow Scot!
Have to say our musical tastes are a weeeeeee bit different!...so I'll just recommend 3 good songs that I think you'll enjoy:

Al Green - Let's Stay Together

Simple Minds - Alive & Kicking

Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter

Friends in Time - The Golden Horde and Marie McKee
A Little Time - The Beautiful South
Everybody Hurts - REM

The list changes daily - three that come to mind today:

Every You, Every Me - Placebo

Run - Snow Patrol

Special Brew - Bad Manners

Had to include the last one as I'm going to see Bad Manners tonight, complete with 14-stone Buster. Yes - he's lost about 18-stone. Or to put ot another way - he's lost me and my daughter combined! :p (That smiley just doesn't have the correct tongue length. Anyone who's seen Buster in action knows what I mean.)

Back