Tooth Fairy

vandriver

Junior vandriver is getting a visit from the tooth fairy tonight on the occasion of losing his first tooth.Just wondering what said fairy's going rate is and does s/he reappear for subsequent teeth?

Id say the going rate is a nice shiny 2 euro coin.

My youngest is 6, and thats the rate he gets for good teeth.. He'll be getting less if any bad ones come out, which i might have to change the rules on as the little Shylock is brushing his teeth 6 times a day now..

I gave €5 for the first tooth and then €2 of any other teeth.

But only if the tooth falls out by it's self. The tooth fairy doesn't like teeth that are forced out. As my son found out when 4 teeth came out in 1 week!!!

I gave €5 for the first tooth and then €2 of any other teeth.

But only if the tooth falls out by it's self. The tooth fairy doesn't like teeth that are forced out. As my son found out when 4 teeth came out in 1 week!!!

+1...but really depends on what's in the wallet (& how many payouts the toothfairy has to make on a given night & if we remember....toothfairy often has to make a return trip in the morning!!

After reading a tread a few weeks ago about communion money im plesantly surprised to find that the tooth Fairy hasnt lost the run of herself.

Daughters 2nd tooth just fell out a few mins ago, and she very much expecting €5 again. Not impressed when i said i didn't think the tooth fairy would pay that much again. She said the tooth fairy should pay her €5 again as the tooth is just as good as the first one that fell out. I told her well it's up to the tooth fairy what she pays and she will never pay the same for a 2nd tooth.

She's walked in a few times to ask how to spell a few different words and i didn't think too much of it.

She wrote a letter saying how very unfair it is that she wont be getting the same amount, as she has been very good with brushing her teeth and making them very shiny and pearly white, and it's just as good as her first tooth.

She's going to leave it under her pillow along with the tooth. But i've told her not to hold out too much hope.

Hi SamanthaJane,
Your daughter will go far.

However, the tooth fairy might have to start the process of teaching her about the harsh realities of life.

The tooth Fairy that visits our house only leaves coins, 1 or 2 euro. She also puts a little note with the coin. We always have great fun when our little dears wake up in the morning and seem more excited about the Fairy note then the coin.
lately, our eldest has replied to the notes and I've kept them for her memory box.

Speaking of tooth fairies, I just had laser teeth whitening at a place in Blanchardstown village, Dublin 15. It cost me 99 euros. I was quoted 300 elsewhere. Brilliant job and bargain.

For the first lost tooth we did a teeth trail (cut them out of a sheet of white paper) - this led to a little black velvet bag (you know the types you get on jewelery when you are on holidays) and we put a shiny €2 in with a note from the tooth fairy. We left the note because the tooth went missing (we think it was swallowed) but ensured her that the tooth fairy found the tooth.

Every other tooth gets €2!

Had to go to the Dental Hospital on a Sunday (a story in itself for another day)recently because I couldn't get a dentist open on a Sunday. Nobody gave me €2.

Back