Wrong forum Too much help from the State?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graftgirl

I despair sometimes at the level of payments and entitlements of families in this country, I know most of the time the level of social welfare payments being made are just covering things if at all for some people/families and then there are those that are receiving so much assistance from the state that they can afford to live in luxury(save money, upgrade car, go on holiday, buy clothes etc)
I have a relative who recently went back to work after a lengthy period on Jobseekers benefit, his wife receives a carers allowance for their child that has autism.
His wife phoned the social welfare to find out if her carers allowance would be affected by his returning to work(she thought it might have been decreased) She was told that her carers allowance would in fact increase and also as they have 3 children in total they would be entitled to FIS at 75% of her husbands weekly wage on top of his wage ie his new job pays €450 and FIS entitlement pays €337.50.
This couple have a council house for €75 per week, another state perk.(I should also mention they have no outstanding loan repayments) I thought the whole purpose of social welfare payments was to keep families from the poverty line and keep their heads above water not to set them up, I have not even mentioned the monthly domicilary payments they are entitled to and of course the childrens allowance on top of that. Why are they getting FIS, makes no sense to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back