Too late to change solicitors

FionaT

Hi just looking for some advice. Have put a 5k deposit on a 2bed apt with another 10k due in 2 weeks. I did a ring around local solicitors and opted with the cheapest and informed my estate agent. The solicitor has written to the agents but I have received nothing. Since then a friend of my Dad's who is a solicitor has quoted 200 quid cheaper. Am i too late to change over? Also he's based in Dublin but my property is in Kildare near work and home. Should I stay local to make it handier if I need to sign papers? As you've guessed a FTB here so appreciate any advice you can give.

How easy is it for you to get to Dublin, will you need time off work? 200 quid is not that big a saving as against the convenience of the solicitor on your doorstep.
It really depends on the merits of each solicitor and whether your current solicitor will charge for work already carried out.

If you change now, your existing solicitor will, not unreasonably, expect to be paid for the work involved in taking you on as a client and correspondence to date.

Back