Toilet cisterns not filling

housemurph99

I accidentally closed the valve of the water feed going into the water tank in the attic. Now after opening the valve again none of my toilet cisterns are refilling. I have tired cleaning the valve in the ballcock incase debris blocking it but no luck. It was mentioned to me to drain the water tank again and to clean around the outgoing water pipes. There is two. Just incase there was scum/ debris blocking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Showers, hot and colds are working fine, just the toilets that getting any water. Cheers

Have you access to the tank ? Can you poke a stick around the edges in the bottom to make sure there's no debris there to rule that out.

Sounds like an airlock ?

From google
How do you get rid of an airlock in a toilet cistern?

Turn on the water supply, make sure the stopcocks fully open, undo until it can't loosen any further. Taps will sputter as the pipes fill and water flows. Allow taps and showers to run until there's no more sputtering and waters flowing freely through every tap/shower. Flush all toilets a few times.

Is there maybe hot water also not flowing to tap in bathroom or is it restricted to toilet?

Sounds like too have an airlock on the cold supply too the toilet.
The pipe supplying the water could have air inside which is preventing water passing.
If you can look under the cistern have a look if it has a flexi hose or copper pipe ?
If flexi hose remove from the peice of plastic which sticks out from the cistern and blow it,which might blow it out.
If water runs very quickly out of the pipe it indicates the pipe is flowing and might be a blockage in the flexi rubber inside.
If nothing comes out of pipe it could be a blockage pipe from tank too cistern.

(Advice from a plumber).

It's a 3 storey house with water tank in the attic. Toilet in the attic working fine. All showers and taps working fine, hot and cold. Two toilets in the 2nd floor are not receiving any water. Toilet on the ground floor not receiving any water. Flexi pipes going into toilets. Will check out in morning

Back