To sell or not?

smurf

House purchased €178k
originally on market €295k ..... reduced price to €285k .... offered €278k ... would like to get on or over the 280k.

No CGT issues.

Sell or not?

In my book a profit of €100k is pretty respectable - being a bit greedy for an extra €2k?

Are you seriously going to potentially jepordaise the sale by holding out for another 2k? I would bite their hand off given the market at the moment

House purchased €178k
originally on market €295k ..... reduced price to €285k .... offered €278k ... would like to get on or over the 280k.

No CGT issues.

Sell or not?

Why not instruct your EA to say that you will do a deal at 280k? If they don't raise their offer to 280k, then I would take the lower offer myself personally, save the stress of trying to sell in the current market.

Update ... Buyer bought another house in same estate for €274 .... the upside was that this other house was main competitor, culd de sac, bungolow on one side (less over-looked) ... so hopefully future buyers will come my way ... location strong, build quality good ...

I did instruct to sell at 278 ... other house was slighly better location in same estate ... cul de sac etc ....

I wouldn't worry about it, everyone is keen to say take the money and run, but its notas simple as that, not every part of the country is experiencing a drop. The area that I cover is still continually achieving asking and above. This is not the time to be worried about offers because the next 5/6 weeks are traditionally slow so sit back and let your EA do his work, like you said your main competitor is gone so you should be better placed to achieve your €280k now.

Back