To clean a carpet

Hi acarol

Your best bet woudl either getting a professional to clean it or giving it a go yourself, I remember a thread I used some time agoe that shoudl help.

ad

Hi I recently bought a Vax v027 carpet cleaner-It worked a treat on my oatmeal coloured carpets-I reckon its worth it in the long run to buy your own cleaner, rather than paying for them to be cleaned periodically. Have a gander on E-bay and you will find carpet cleaners easy enough
I have no affiliation either with e-bay or Vax.
HTH,
daithi

I've heard a lot of people mention that carpet cleaners can leave the carpet too wet and that it can sometimes shrink?

As a professional involved in the business. You are right cleaners who do not know what they are doing will do so. This is normally when someone is using either shampoo or "steam cleaning". When shampooing it is necessary to neutralise just as when you rinse your hair, do it wrong stays greasy attracts dirt. Put too much water or leave the steam applier on the surface too long and the carpet is left wet and leads to shrinkage. Cleaners using socallled powder methods are not that efficient either, have you ever got anything that is really dirty clean without using a liquid normally water? Powder is a good inbetween clean.
Go for one of the companies advertising dry within 1 - 2or 3 hours and get a guarantee from them and then take them on. I'm not going to name any as that would mean naming my own and the competition. If they are not prepared to guarantee then forget them.

Back