Title and probate application

SCOTTPLASMA

Hello.

Can anyone advise me in relation to a personal application. Our late mother died in 2011. Her Will transferred everything to her spouse. Her spouse our Father died in 2017 and we are making a personal application. The estate is simple with just a house and a car as assets. There are two siblings who inherit an equal share. One sibling has lived in the property since our Father death and is going to buy out the other sibling share. I have searched for the title and its a freehold and registered. The house is owned outright and no charge to the bank. The title is in both my parents names and was never changed after our mother passed. Will this cause any difficulties with the personal application and potentially delay probate. Should the title only be in my Fathers name? We will obviously have to change the tittle and use a solicitor prior to transferring into my siblings name only but hoping not to have to do it twice.

Thanks

Colm

Will this cause any difficulties with the personal application and potentially delay probate.

No.

Should the title only be in my Fathers name?

No.

Get your Probate and take yourself off to a solicitor who will attend to transmitting the property into the beneficiary's name.

mf

Back