Tips on how to keep neighbour's cats out of my garden

We bought a sonioc cat deterrant. It runs by battery so can be left on all the time. We were regularly visted by a cat who liked to sit in the sun but since we bought it he has disappeared.

I agree with Ms T - I have a litter box for my cat outside as well and he is only using that one and not wandering off to my neighbor's garden. Also in regards to the bad smell, my doctor reconfirmed last Friday that when they're neutered their smell isn't even half as bad - so might be that your neighbor cats aren't neutered which is why they freely run around spraying along, marking everything. :( apart from buying stuff against it, I would bring it to the attention of the neighbor - it's their responsibility!

Spray it with water a couple of times and it'll get the message. Worked for me

.22 rifle with telescopic sights. Yer only man for cat control. Hate the little buggers myself since, like cleverclogs daughter, I'm highly allergic to them.

A dog seems like the best (and legally acceptable) solution.

Thanks for all the information. I've tried putting garlic. citrus fruit and bleach in the garden and it has had no effect. I'm annoyed enough to use pepper or other irritants but i won't. My next step is the ultrasonic repeller but I wonder about the battery life and weather proofing of the machine. Also there is a product called Prikka strips that can be put on top of fences or walls that stop cats, squirrels etc. from walking along them. It's made from tough plastic and shaped like pyramids or cones. Although since I live in an estate I'll have to get permission from the neighbours to put the strips on the fences. So I'll try the sonic repeller from maplins or amazon first.Thanks again to everyone who replied with suggestions and advice.

Try sonic cats deterrents, worked for me!

[broken link removed]

P.s you plug this one in and place it on the windowsill

to dee

i have the same problem and understand u very well. thats why i am going to get lots of jeyes fluid that if they lick their paws then they will never return. if i were u i would do the same thing. sorry if i hurt someones feelings!

I have similar problem (even though I have a dog!). I've just been told that sprinkling coffee grounds will deter cats as they hate the smell.

Bear Grylls pees around his camp at night to keep animals away. He says it only works with male urine. I was watching it one night and wondered what the neighbours would make of me piddling along the wall where their cat jumps in to my garden. I'm sure if it works on big cats, rats and other nasties it must work on domestic cats.
One of these nights, perhaps after a few glasses of wine while I sit outside smoking a cuban...;)

Back