Timeframe between application for vol redundancy and start of notice

Olive

Hi there, I hope someone can help me.

I applied for voluntary redundancy from my company. The closing date was November, and I was informed at that time that they were doing a restructure and my position would be made redundant, and notice would be given after December board meeting.
At the December board meeting, they decided to park the restructure till January, (questionable if they will even make a decision then to be honest).

I really feel like they are messing me about (another person who applied at same time as me, is gone over a month at this stage). I am a manager in the organisation, and have a team who know nothing about what is happening, and I am finding the situation increasingly difficult, I really feel like they need to make a decision.

I am annoyed that they just decided to put the whole thing on the long finger, and really feel like taking back my vol red application. This way, they will either be forced to make me compulsorily redundant (or someone else) or I get to have more money by keeping my job. The package is only statutory but because I have been here for a while I will get over 10k, so its not for that reason that I'm doing it. The main reason I was going for it, is that I have a young family, and while we will be less well off without my income, we feel our quality of life would improve.

So, my question is: can they do this, just put off making a decision and leave me in limbo, esp when other employees are already gone and all who applied at same time?

Second question: can I take back my application, although closing date has passed, on the basis that no decision has been made?

Back