Time from receipt of contracts to purchaser signing (solicitor checking contracts).

YouNeek

I have a booking deposit paid on a second hand house, and my solicitor is waiting on contracts from the vendor's solicitor.

Once my solicitor receives the contracts, what's the typical lead time before I can sign them (i.e. how long does it take a reasonably efficient solicitor to examine the contracts, deeds, etc.)

Depends on how quick the vendor wants to go really, once our solictor got them he had us signing withing a few days. Ours has taken about 3 1/2 weeks since we signed to close and are suppose to be getting keys tomorrow. Our vendor did want to move quick enough though so it may take longer if yours in not in too much of a hurry. Are you keen to get in there soon?

We got sale agreed last week, deposit was paid on same day............Our solicitor has sent the contracts over to the purchaser this morn (he wanted to sign yesterday) and we have been given a closing date of the 29th June...................

I presume then the contracts are sent back for us to sign, when should we expect the money to be transferred over? Is it with the keys handed over? Just wondering if we can pay off the mortgage (this month being the last one maybe!!!!!) Or am I being too hopeful................mortgage due the 1st of the month

LollyMc I presume then the contracts are sent back for us to sign said:
Hi Lolly,

We are getting our keys tomorrow when the money is transferred.

We still have no house to buy yet!!! We will be moving into a rented house until we find somewhere although we have an offer on a house at present, going to see another one tomorrow!!!!!

Thoughts of moving all our stuff is frightening.............also have to cut off the services etc Eircom, ESB

Ah you'll be fine, just think it'll be your house, not rented, that'll get the excitement up to move all your stuff! And sure the bills can be sorted with a few phonecalls.

YouNeek, let us know how it goes...

roxy said:
Depends on how quick the vendor wants to go really, once our solictor got them he had us signing withing a few days. Ours has taken about 3 1/2 weeks since we signed to close and are suppose to be getting keys tomorrow. Our vendor did want to move quick enough though so it may take longer if yours in not in too much of a hurry. Are you keen to get in there soon?

Actually, I think my question should have been clearer - once the contracts are signed by myself and the vendor, it appears there will be a long closing, and I'm fine with that.

Event A: My solictor receives contracts from vendor's solicitor.
Event B: My solicitor sends contracts, signed by me, back to vendor's solicitor.

Given that anything before Event A and after Event B can be delayed by the vendor or their solicitor, my question is: how long elapses between Event A and Event B?

YouNeek said:
Actually, I think my question should have been clearer - once the contracts are signed by myself and the vendor, it appears there will be a long closing, and I'm fine with that.

Event A: My solictor receives contracts from vendor's solicitor.
Event B: My solicitor sends contracts, signed by me, back to vendor's solicitor.

Given that anything before Event A and after Event B can be delayed by the vendor or their solicitor, my question is: how long elapses between Event A and Event B?

Well in our case, it went over the next day, don't see why there should be a delay for you, they came back to us a couple of days later with a closing date.

I've had the question answered by my solicitor - he received the contracts, and will contact me in ~ 7 working days to sign them.

Back