Tiling bathroom...skirting Q.

Pique318

Hi,

The floor in our bathroom was tiled up to the skirting (not under it).
We now want to tile the walls, so how best to do it ?

If we tile to the skirting it'll look stupid, I reckon.
If we remove the skirting and tile to the floor, thee'll be at least a 10mm gap between the wall tile and the floor tile. Should we just go this route and grout the large gap around the bottom ?

The bathroom only has one long(ish) wall anyway, and that has the basin on it. The other wall is has the bath and will have storage against it.

Cheers,

PK.

i have seen a 'sloped' skirting before and it looked quite well, just a matter of increasing cement behind the bottom wall tile.

IME, the neatest and most aesthetically pleasing (and cheapest!) technique is to use a cut floor tile on the bottom of the wall as a "skirting board"

Ask yourself the question, if I leave the skirting board and tile down to it, will I look at it every time I'm in the room and regret leaving the skirting board. If the answer is yes then you may aswell remove the tile. You can fill it with grout. Alternatively if the floor tiles are still available remove the outer ones and re tile to the wall, I know this is not always possible, or pick a nice border tile to go around and fill into the wall. My opinion is if you leave the skirting it will look unfinished and if it was me I could not look at it. Best of luck

Back