Three Dollar DVD

I've never used threedollar dvd but they're based in China.

Also visit the complaints section of their forum. It seems Irish Customs are stopping some of the shipments. Some of the posters think they're fake DVD's (and don't care) and some others think they're real.

Make up your own mind, I guess.

Sluice

My brother used them with no problems but as Sluice indicated Irish customs seem to be stopping some/all of the shipments from this guy.

DVDs

I haven't used this Chinese website, but I know people who use a Vietnam-based one that supplies similarly-priced DVDs. And I also bought some €1.50 DVDs while on a business trip to Pakistan recently.

But let's be honest, at that price there is a good chance that it is not an original. But from what I have seen of similar DVDs, the quality is usually perfect. The rule is simple - if the movie is already out on DVD, you will probably get a good copy, because it will be based on an original DVD. But if the movie is NOT out on DVD yet (a prime example being the Shrek 2 DVD that I consciously acquired recently) the quality is going to range from appalling to poor.

And I assume that there is little recourse if the Irish Customs stops them coming in.

I have purchase dvds of this site. 2 downsides.
first: postage starts off high , around €22 for 1 dvd and remains at this level unti you reach around 12 dvds when it increases. Second: they are definitely copies. I purchased 7 about a month ago. 6 perfect but one wont play and looks 'rough' . Theres is no trailers or second discs even in 2 disc sets and it does not mater what region it says on the cover they play anywhere. also you dont get the case only the slieve. I got mine no problem delivered in about 4 days by TNT and the customs declaration stated the they were samples worth $2.00.The payment menthod is paypal which is Bank of Scotlands so security of credit card etc is ok. I would be wary though if the customs were 'on' to them. I paid about €30+ for the seven ( saving private ryan, lost in translation, last samarui,kill bill, italian job, seabiscuit and a disney cartoon. Italian job wont play)

Irish customs have cottoned on to 3 Dollar DVD, see:

[broken link removed]

3$ order

I've just ordered 10 discs off 3$. It works out at just under 5€ per disc after delivery charges etc.

I placed the order on Wednesday night and the order shipped this morning.

They might get intercepted in customs or they might not work but its worth the risk when you would only buy 2 of these titles in a Shop for the same money.

Speculate to accumulate.

3dollardvd

Jister: did you order get through or did the boys with the white hats swoop? I ask as I am thinking of going again,even though one of my last order was a frisbee.

Re: 3dollardvd

Tony Soprano would be proud of you - He's always delighted to see the little man supporting organised crime. Don't worry about all the nice drug deals and enforced prostitution that your money will go towards.

Why not just rent the DVDs? How many times are you really going to watch them anyway?

This is something I just don't understand.

Why do people feel the need to accumulate such huge quantities of DVDs ? I'm not talking about anyone in particular here, just based on observation in general.

I mean why on earth would someone buy the entire series of 24 or the Sopranos or Friends ? They may well be good programs (well, some of them anyway), but do people actually watch the *entire* series in one go, or spread it out over a few days or weekends ?

I suppose it could be similar to people buying huge amounts of records or CDs, but at least with those you can say you bought it for the 1 or 2 good tracks and never play the crap ones. With a DVD series, there's presumably not much point.

And do people really watch the 'making of', 'behind the scenes', and 'alternative endings' on the special edition over priced DVDs ? What about the director voice-over versions ?

Maybe I just don't get it.

Goodness me, is that the time . . .

z

DVD

I am guilty to a certain extent although the only box set I have is The Godfather.

I watch little or no TV but get great value from the TV licence thanks to DVD.

I buy music DVDs as they are a better, although dearer option , than their equivalent sister cd as I can watch the video as well.

I have given up smoking and drinking virtually so dvds are one of my vices. I only buy originals and all are in immaculate condition. I own many many dvds, all are documented and profiled and nerdily I know how many times I have watched each one. I had a quick look at some of the more obscure titles and I have watched all of them at least twice some as many as 15. I suppose it is my thing and my hobby. I dont buy for the sake of buying and agree that buying big expensive box sets are not an option - unless they come down dramatically in price. DId I tell you about my LP collection......................

3$dvd

of yeah sorry I forgot to say that a girl from work bought in excess of 15 dvds from this crowd last week and got a note from the post office looking for vat and when she rang she was told that they were investigating the prospects of whether they were legal or not. SHe has not collected them yet ! BE WARNED.

3dollardvd

Rainyday: I actually agree with you. Personally, unless the film is a cracker, once does me too. Few exceptions are good war films. Still watch the guns of navarone, private ryan etc. No, the reason I buy them is that I have a 17 year old, who commandeers the front room at least once a week and takes in all his pals, m+f, and they watch these dvds. Then the next night they are in somebody elses house watching their dvds. And this is repeated practically every night. Like we used to swop comics 30+ years ago they now swop dvd's, I dont mind this and neither do the other parents as we know where our kids are, not drinking, smoking, etc. bit sore on the coke and pizzas ok but thats a very small price to pay.
Like all the new generation they dont pay too much attention to care so I do buy them as cheaply as possible. Forewarned about the customs etc I will pass on them and look around but I dont think An Post are delivering them, its definitely a courier company.

I think you meant to direct your comments to Zag and/or AP. My point was that you are probably supporting organised crime by purchasing pirated DVDs.

ZERO Dollar movies

I was introduced to this site yesterday:
[broken link removed]

Full and free popular movies for free download. All about 700MB so they would copy to a CD.

Haven't tried it yet so I am not recommending the quality etc. And due to the size of the files it will only be of use to those with broadband.

3dollardvd

Rainyway:You are correct my earlier reply should have been to the little hairy one. Re your point: I live in Dundalk, 6 miles from Jonesboro, where I can purchase copies of anything to my hearts desire any Sunday, however by buying of 3dollar etc I assume I am just buying off a guy who is out to make a buck by infringing copyright and using China as an address to do so. If film/pop stars stopped demanding exoritbant money, and manufacturers, promoters, agents etc didnt demand such hugh profits/commissions and cd's and dvd's were sold at a reasonable price then copycats would not exist or thrive.But they do. (ie Kazaa) Ben Dunne has stated that if he were in charge of Dunes Stores LIDL/ALDI would not have opened in Ireland. If Aer Lingus had charged reasonable fares for air transport then Ryanair would not have started, let alone succeeded. I have absolutely no sympathy with the big boys on this one. I don't necessarily want to support organised crime etc but I also dont want to line the pockets of greedy bastards either.

The DVD market is open & competitive, so you comparisons to Aer Lingus/Ryanair are irrelevant. If you don't like the way the entertainment industry works, don't buy their products.

I don't quite understand your logic in avoiding Jonesboro and choosing China. Clearly, both the Gardai & the PSNI clearly believe in paramilitary involvement in the counterfeiting market in Ireland. You don't think that the frequency of raids in the border area is pure co-incidence do you? Check out some of these links of you are unconvinced;

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

[broken link removed]

But you reckon that Mr 3dollardvd in China is a clean-living guy copying the DVD's in his garage to work out his grudge about those nasty big guys in the entertainment industry? Clearly, you only believe this because it suits you to believe this so you can save a few quid on DVD's.

Come on - come clean. You're not really that bothered about the fact that your dollars will be used to fund drug deals & enforced prostitution, are you?

3dollardvd

Rainyway, I didnt bother to read those sites, I live around here and dont need to read about it. During that last big raid in South Armagh the Gardai closed off the border between Dundalk and Culloville and directed traffic around the border. Much easier if they had diverted traffic through Crossmaglen, more direct and better roads, perhaps they weren't local Gardai and didn't know the area.However I dont know how you can be so sure Charlie Chan is running a knocking shop or a shooting up joint in China. Propably just making a buck by copying over priced dvd's and passing them on at a hugh profit margin for himself and Tnt.
Heres one for you. Petrol costs about 95c per litre in Dundalk. About 78 pence sterling in Newry and about 95c in Culloville. And Culloville is in Armagh. These garages are legit and open for business 7 days a week.
I also suspect that Dundalk supermarkets also have a smaller margin than their counterparts further from the border. I saw a bus from Cork in Newry last Sunday week. No way could that be worth it.

Back