This site is not for discussing religion

Brendan Burgess

Founder
A few posts have appeared in this forum in recent days on religious topics. While they were tolerated initially, they resulted in blasphemous, offensie and nonsense responses, which add nothing to the quality of Askaboutmoney.

If anyone wants to discuss religious topics, please find another site. All future religious topics will be deleted immediately.

Brendan

re

I put up those posts Brendan.

"they resulted in blasphemous, offensie and nonsense responses"

I presume you're not referring to what I said.

Why not edit offensive material instead of deleting the entire subject and banning a subject as broad as religion.
I would imagine this would have a profound effect on the discussion of many topics, including political ones. I seem to remember a lot of religious posts in this forum over the past few months...including one about a Catholic Bishop and his views on marriage.

It's your decision Brendan. You own the site. It seems a shame that you'd take this hard line on the subject though.

there's religion and religion?

Brendan,

How come you have deleted a thread that questioned the veracity of the christian faith but somehow you do not seem to find anything offensive in this thread:

Is it because in this thread posters are only offending Islam and the Muslims?

Re: there's religion and religion?

To quote Clubman from another thread

As the Editorial Policy states:

"... we do not enter into discussion on our editorial decisions."

the site is run and moderated voluntarily and most contributors are happy to comply with the posting guidelines and accept the rare cases when their contributions are subject to modification or removal in order to maintain the quality and relevance of the content. I'm afraid that we don't have the time or inclination to go into detailed discussions about such decisions.

Back