Thinking of becoming a stay at home mam.

Andy and Lou, we budget very well, we save all our childrens allowance and put this in the credit union for when we need it, which in my case is at the moment doing the house up!:)
Once your mortgage is paid, and you put money aside for bills etc, you just divide the rest on shopping and luxury's....
Saying that with a 7 month old, we aren't going out too much lately you can imagine:L
We own our car outright and have no other bills except mortgage and a small top up loan... no creidt cards or anything, otherwise i'm sure i wouldn't be able to help myself:)

We had problems conceiving a child and my wife and me promised ourselves that if it ever happened she would quit work to look after it. Well it did happen (followed by two more later!), and she did quit employment.

Over the years it has cost us untold thousands, but the compensations are enormous. It's a decision we never once regretted. I know many can't afford it but in my view if you can, do it.

Andy and Lou, we budget and budget:), we have no loans except mortgage, own our car outright, don't smoke, you just have to be strict enough with what you spend your money on, its only now we are budgeting that i realise all the money i actually wasted when i was working....
i would suggest clearing as much loans as possible, and just be sensible with your money, do a budget and put what you have left into the credit union or a savings account,

Back