Things to occupy myself on days off

Thanks for all the replies anyway, I guessed I'd be opening up a can of worms with this thread.
I'll try a quick summing up here.

Volunteering: Interesting
Cleaning Purples House: Not so interesting, but appreciate the sense of humour
Part-time courses: Interesting if cheap
Clubmans wrist exercise: Could do myself an injury, addictive personality and all that..
Xaviers wrist exercise: Rehabilitation from Clubmans suggestion
Library & Ray D'arcy: I'm not a reader and poor old Ray is off on Paternity so have to listen to AMK instead (not a fan, already endure her morning show on the way to work)
Take up a musical instrument: You'd just have to see me dancing to believe just how much of a non-runner that is
Child minding for TarfHead: I'm starting to notice a bit of a trend here from female posters...
Woodworking: Interesting but wouldn't even know where to start..

And really I don't think anyone wants my job.. I get paid too much to do too little 3 or 4 days a week..(I do have to work Sundays, that's the tradeoff) Mind numbingly boring..

Day and evening classes will start up again after Christmas, all over the country. Huge range of courses and they might be interested in taking you on as a teacher.

Get "Collins Complete Guide to Woodworking" and see if you might be cut out for a bit of wood bashing..

Excellent suggestions all.

I'm kinda coming around to the idea of doing a few of these..
Please keep the ideas coming.. and I'll go look into the practicalities..

Buy yourself an Xbox and you won't see the days passing... Her indoors mightn't be too impressed however...

How about an evening class in "How to NOT make erroneous assumptions about AAM poster's gender" :p .

Sounds like a class I could teach eh??
Anyway I was pretty confident (based on my advanced knowledge of probabilty) that my assumptions had enormous potential to be incorrect.

People are also making huge assumptions about what ClubMan meant, when it's clear to me he was quite innocently suggesting ironing.

VEC's do really reasonable courses - not sure if they do them during the day though? They usually have a large variety. New term after xmas. Look up website of local VEC for details.
There is a book of classes - Wolftone or something?
Many of the universities do parttime courses as well - not all academic either.

learningireland has a lot of classes; can't remember exact website but should be google-able................still interested in a job that pays too much and gives a lot of free time.........

If you're into sport at all, join your local GAA club. Much cheaper and more sociable than a gym.

Back