Things to occupy myself on days off

tipping

Probably a silly complaint but I have Thursday, Friday and every 2nd Wednesday off every week and the lack of anything to do is cracking me up lately. All my mates are in work so I need to come up with some cheap or free ways of entertaining myself.
I'm thinking of some kind of voluntary or unpaid work where I could learn something (anything technical, DIY, etc..), but don't even know where to start looking. Has anyone any ideas??

But you could tell her you were helping old people or something....

Well would you really let a man clean your house?? I am reliably informed that I don't notice dirt/grime etc.. "What do you mean the bathroom needs to be cleaned?" or "Look I cleaned the kitchen" which means I washed the dishes..

Well would you really let a man clean your house?? I am reliably informed that I don't notice dirt/grime etc.. "What do you mean the bathroom needs to be cleaned?" or "Look I cleaned the kitchen" which means I washed the dishes..
Good points all!

How about taking a part time course in something you enjoy - painting/music/cookery or even something geared towards your career. Even one morning a week.

How about taking a part time course in something you enjoy - painting/music/cookery or even something geared towards your career. Even one morning a week.

Good idea. Any idea where would you find such courses (affordabilty is a criteria), probably some kind of woodworking or similar hands-on thing would be nice..

For career advancement I'm already all educated out (masters in electronics), but I would consider doing some kind of technical engineering work for free if it would be useful to me. Do you think companies would accept speculative work for free 2 days a week CVs.

Join your local library, plenty of books and magazines to read, also plenty of DIY manuals and language courses etc.
Ray D'Arcy is a good laugh in the mornings, worth a listen.
Enjoy

Come around to my gaff & look after my kids, cos I'm not short of things to occupy myself. Only problem is I have precious little free time.;)

Back