things to do and see in dubai

ilovepink

hi.
myself and my boyfriend are going to dubai in 2 weeks and were staying on jumeirah beach.
were wondering can anyone recommend things to do, places to go, and bars and restaurants to go to. thanks in advance.

Go into Dubai City and into the gold souk; I'm sure you'll see something you like!

You should also go across the Creek and have a wander into the museum which is quite interesting but not something to really rave about.
While in the city go into the shopping malls which are definitely something to rave about.
The restaurant we used was called "The Automatic Restaurant". God knows why, as it was just a good restaurant at which you could choose the specific fish you wanted to eat. You should go into the "Family Room" as you will feelmore comfortable there.
They do not serve alcohol!

I can' recall the address as I sit here but will post it if I can find it before we fly off to Turkey tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Indoor ski slope with real snow and ski lifts at the Mall of the Emirates. Good Apres Ski bar there too.

Golf everywhere if you are into it but book ahead.

Desert trips in 4wheel drives

Irish Village (At the Aviation Club) Bars restaurants live music.

Make sure you and your boyfriend don't kiss each other in public or, like the British couple last month, it may be a month or more in jail !

Hi There,

I am also off to Dubai in 3 weeks although I have family - ex-pats over there.....prev thread is right in a couple of places you can go to.

In the Mall of the Emirates there is a lovely mid-East restaurant in the Harvey Nicholls store (upstairs) and there is even a sheeshah part (smoking) area if you want. Go for lunch.

The Atlantis Hotel is famous for its aquarium, go also there for lunch over the weekend, the buffet is fab and you can get all sorts of food from around the world. And there are desert buggy safaris (yawn....)

However, in a nutshell Dubai is only fun if you are mad about shopping, or just want to lie in the sun, be treated to 5-star hotel and service.....otherwise its just highrises & sand!!!!

Enjoy!

I really enjoyed the "dune bashing". Out in the desert in a 4wheel drive, it's cool. Also the Irish village was good for food. But I mainly enjoyed the shopping and 5 start hotels. Fab restaurants :) but it is a few years since I was there.

Back