Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who use the same spoon for coffee and sugar and before you know it, the sugar bowl is full of coffee.

People who stand on escalators in pairs.

People who think by putting their bag on the seat beside them on buses/trains that this means no-one can sit there.

People who try to compete when you are telling a story

People who don't understand the round system in pubs.

And finally......

Women who say they don't want anything for Valentines Day because it is a tacky Hallmark holiday and then sulk for a week when you take them at their word!!

I used to specifically target these people by sitting beside them when I commuted from Portlaoise to Dublin, gave me a sad little thrill to have spoiled their cunning plan! I still do it occasionally on the DART.

Probably says more about me than them though.....

People who don't understand the round system in pubs.

In my experience they understand alright - they understand it just a little too well :mad: I have one work colleague who literally would never stand a round yet be first to shout out his drink, he's tight in general day to day life anyway. Final straw came one Christmas, we had been buying pints all day long in our rounds for him AND his female friend - didn't put his hand in his pocket once. Then, we made up our minds to not buy any more drink until he got the hint and got up to the bar, so I headed off to the toilet and to make a phone call as did most of the others - I came back to the table and he had taken half of my pint and poured it into his and half of another colleagues and poured it into his friends glass! :rolleyes: So I told him in no uncertain terms that I was done buying him drink - he does the "I'm really drunk act' and then heads off home!. Unbelievable

I was just saying the exact same things to Michael Fassbender when we were sat next to each other at the BAFTAs.

We probably passed each other at the bar. I was standing there with Kate Winslet. She tells the most wonderful stories.

In my experience they understand alright - they understand it just a little too well :mad: I have one work colleague who literally would never stand a round yet be first to shout out his drink, he's tight in general day to day life anyway. Final straw came one Christmas, we had been buying pints all day long in our rounds for him AND his female friend - didn't put his hand in his pocket once. Then, we made up our minds to not buy any more drink until he got the hint and got up to the bar, so I headed off to the toilet and to make a phone call as did most of the others - I came back to the table and he had taken half of my pint and poured it into his and half of another colleagues and poured it into his friends glass! :rolleyes: So I told him in no uncertain terms that I was done buying him drink - he does the "I'm really drunk act' and then heads off home!. Unbelievable

Ha ha. I haven't seen anything that bad to be honest. Usually just the last into the bar so they don't buy first round and then toilet whenever it is someone elses turn followed by home when think everyone is ****ed enough not to notice. We always notice.

We always notice.

That's what these people don't understand - no matter how drunk we are we ALWAYS notice the guy who didn't stand his round :D

Another one this guy pulls in the nightclub, he'll eventually go to the bar, come back twenty minutes later either empty handed saying that the bar was too packed and he couldn't get served or with two pints saying that he spilled another on the way down! No shame! :mad:

People biting their nails.
People who yawn without covering their mouth.
People who sneeze all over the place and don't even attempt to use a tissue.

People who stand right beside you in the check out line in the supermarket, so that when you are inputting your pin number into the chip and pin machine, they are so close to you they can see exactly what numbers you are inputting. Then if you move down a few paces to begin packing up your groceries, they move to stand directly in front of the cashier, as if you are done and you are not there any more. But you are not done. You are still there. When you walk back to the cashier to hand her some money, or get cash back the morons are blocking your way. You say "excuse me" to get them to move back a few paces. But they can not as the person behind them is all up in their personal space too. WTF?

When people are at a tellers window in the bank, or using an ATM machine, everyone knows that the etiquette is to stand back and give them their space to give them some privacy for their financial transaction. I don't know why people don't apply similar cop on in supermarkets.

I used to specifically target these people by sitting beside them when I commuted from Portlaoise to Dublin, gave me a sad little thrill to have spoiled their cunning plan! I still do it occasionally on the DART.

Probably says more about me than them though.....

I thought I was the only one who did this!!! Any time I see someone on a bus with their bag taking up a seat, thats the seat i take.
ITS PUBLIC TRANSPORT PEOPLE!!! Buy a car if you don't like mixing with the plebs!

Another thing on buses that kills me....ignoramases who stand in the baby buggy section even after they see you coming with the buggy...and there's loads of spare seats around them> I think these people also have issues with mixing with the Plebs.
they'll stay standing there whereby forcing you to stand by the buggy as there's not enough space to now pull down the seat in that area. It really pushes me to the edge!

Certain work colleagues of mine who never stop complaining about their lot.

they have their health, a secure job ( company is expanding) are paid over the average for the work we do, excellent pension, excellent working conditions, in terms of actual office facilities ( we all have a large desk, new pc's, proper chairs, kitchenette in each department with microwave and fridge, on top of a huge canteen) free parking, monthly free nights out, PLUS this week a bonus payment was announced..

All the ones who annoy me are under 30 years old, the vast majority still live at home so are not short of cash. Yet they are constantly complaining, usually in huddles in the corner when they should be working.

I just want to slap or shake some of them at times!

Stinking smokers stinking out the office with their breath when they come back in after they've been outside sucking on their cancer sticks.

Yer man at the desk next to me has just arrived back and now I feel sick.

That is all.

:mad:

I'm not feeling much love from this thread. Lot's of intolerance but not much love. :D

This is letting off steam forum

Your smilie and positive attitude are not welcome here :mad:

Shooting the breeze is just across the way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back