Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great sales pitch for your company Liaconn. People trawl websites for any contact information. Great if somebody's name appears on the website with an email address. Being on the website automatically makes you a point-of-contact and even appears human. When you get the email all you have to do is forward the email to whatever department is warranted.

I know for you it is causing some frustration. But, look at it another way; no contact - no business. Which is the lesser of two evils? I know two of my friends working in the insurance sector who were informed last Friday that their jobs are being transferred to a call centre and by mid 2012 a redundancy package (no details provided) will have to be accepted.

You have given me a good idea for contact in my business. I'll just set up a fictitious name (something friendly, of course) like [email protected] as it takes the impersonal touch from [email protected].

Be careful for what you may wish, Liaconn - you might get it.

I don't work for that sort of organisation. We don't charge for our services and most of the people emailing in are looking for invitations to stuff, or information for projects etc. It is entirely appropriate that they email to an infor@ type address and not to an individual whose role is clearly explained on the website.

I don't work for that sort of organisation. We don't charge for our services and most of the people emailing in are looking for invitations to stuff, or information for projects etc. It is entirely appropriate that they email to an infor@ type address and not to an individual whose role is clearly explained on the website.

I can see where you are coming from Liaconn. But, every organisation is selling something e.g a product or a service. I would hate you bringing the above quotation to me as your boss because of the loss of a sale or contract.

I remember an IBM technician arriving at my place of work in the 70s and even he informed me that everybody in IBM is a "salesman" and most business was conducted by referrals through staff.

There is not much that drives me "nuts" but if I were to single out one is that famous advertising "We're doing this for you" - "We have your needs at heart" - "For your convenience" - etc etc.

These supermarket/shop ads are for the benefit of the business owner not for the customer. They want our money and they advertise that everything is being done for "us" when in fact it is being done for "them."

So let's hear supermarkets advertising the truth "We are doing . . . so that our profits increase."

11) People sticking waste in a landfill bin & expecting it to be collected weekly rather than minimising & composting all organic waste

+1

and on that, would you believe we havnt put a black bin out in over a year, and we wont for another either.

I can see where you are coming from Liaconn. But, every organisation is selling something e.g a product or a service. I would hate you bringing the above quotation to me as your boss because of the loss of a sale or contract.

I remember an IBM technician arriving at my place of work in the 70s and even he informed me that everybody in IBM is a "salesman" and most business was conducted by referrals through staff.

Actually, when the Director of the Organisation heard this was happening he was very annoyed (seriously, I have a huge remit of my own) and got my name taken off the website.

9) Insular, individualistic people who won't bear any personal responsibility for their actions which impact on society writ large eg supporting local producers rather than relying on the supermarket without a thought about the impact on ecology / sustainability / local economy

10)People in ivory towers who take issue with the merest hint that they should (gulp) change their behaviour.

PS to re-iterate, no.8

+1 and very well put.

People who think it is ok to steal the freshly bloomed daffodils planted at the entrance to our estate:mad:

Adverts what say the product is inspired by something; "Inspired by nature", "Inspired by science", "Inspired by gene-science" etc. What utter rubbish.
Adverts that say no other product is better than theirs ; what they are really saying is that they have a branded generic product that's just the same as all the rest.

Adverts what say the product is inspired by something; "Inspired by nature", "Inspired by science", "Inspired by gene-science" etc. What utter rubbish.
Ha! that remind me of an ad a few years back for some lady's moisturiser that was " scientifically formulated to include aquaspheres"

Whenever I read about the plight of endangered species, I would guess 90% of the animals being covered are butchered and stripped for a few small parts/organs and shipped to the far-east for some hocus pocus medicine.
African rhino horns being removed by chainsaw; Shark fins being whipped off, the live sharks then dumped back in to the sea and drown etc.

While I'm at it - Plastic bags. The are they blight of landscapes the world over. Each bag should cost a tenner to get them out of use (I will accept that may be slight exaggeration).

People who have no concept of personal space.
People who blatantly attempt to skip others queuing.
People who visit other countries and complain that the food is different.
Cigarette butts - especially at the beach. Another blight on landscapes everywhere.
People who turn their nose up at home grown vegetables and meat but are happy to potter on down to Superquinn and purchase the lovely (plastic) packed items.

People unable and unwilling to help themselves.
I know someone who cannot cook. His mother basically does everything for him. He is thirty one years old. Everything (Jeans/t-shirts/shirts/ trousers) bar underwear and socks gets dry cleaned as he thinks “Washing them ruins them”.

The degenerate that was “awarded” 175k after breaking in to a man’s house, the owner subsequently broke his legs by running him over. The “victims’” sister has said he was traumatised. He got free legal aid and a suspended sentence.

If a person has gone through a minimum of 11 years of education and can’t tell the difference between the following words; they should be tested for brain damage.

Pacific / Specific - very different words.
Weary/ Wary - I have lost count of the times I correct people when they say - " I would be weary of him"
There/they're/Their
Thread/tread
Your/you're
thought/taught
College/ Collage - (A degree qualified friend continuously does this)
Were/where/wear/we’re
Yeah/yay/ye
Shead/shed
Off/Of

People complaining about Irish weather. After all my travelling I can't wait to get back to our climate.

If a person has gone through a minimum of 11 years of education and can’t tell the difference between the following words; they should be tested for brain damage.

Pacific / Specific - very different words.
Weary/ Wary - I have lost count of the times I correct people when they say - " I would be weary of him"
There/they're/Their
Thread/tread
Your/you're
thought/taught
College/ Collage - (A degree qualified friend continuously does this)
Were/where/wear/we’re
Yeah/yay/ye
Shead/shed
Off/Of

Yay, great addition to this tread. Your spot on, some very pacific points you raised their. We need new & better collages instead of the wary sheads we have.

Pacific / Specific - very different words..

Reminds me of the time I was in a supermarket and heard a customer asking an assistant where the dedicated coconut was kept :eek:

I hate the smell of smoke of someone's hands, particularly a hairdresser, beautician or waitress. Whilst out in a reasonably expensive restaurant on Saturday night, I was handed my desert and nearly knocked out by the smell of smoke at the same time. I gave out to my husband (who had just come back fom the loo at the same time), for going out for a sneaky fag. He said he hadnt at which point the waitress laughed and said 'that was me!'. No apology. Needless to say, no tip left ;)

Don't know if I mentioned this earlier or somebody else has

People who invade personal space - drives me nuts. Happened again to me this morning at the coffee machine in the garage. Why do people feel the need to stand right on top of you, this morning this guy stood right beside me, so close I couldn't even reach for a lid without touching off him and he just stood looking at me the whole time:eek:

Creepy

Publicans moaning in the papers, on the radio and this week on the TV. And Labour TD Rosin Shortall trying to make some hay out of it.
People used to says farmers were the moaners, well they are nothing compared to publicans.

Saying supermarkets below cost selling is driving them under. And possibly that's a debate.

But leave aside alcohol for a moment

Over a fiver for a rock shandy??? Getuptheyard, ye're rip off merchants

The price of minerals is so high it'd almost turn you to drink :p

There is more profit in a bottle of coke then a pint of whatever.
But I don't hear the publicans explain this and their high prices. No, it's the big bad supermarkets who are to blame for everything

Don't know if I mentioned this earlier or somebody else has

People who invade personal space - drives me nuts. Happened again to me this morning at the coffee machine in the garage. Why do people feel the need to stand right on top of you, this morning this guy stood right beside me, so close I couldn't even reach for a lid without touching off him and he just stood looking at me the whole time:eek:

Creepy

Or if you're standing in a queue and the person behind you keeps nudging into you.

People who use the same spoon for coffee and sugar and before you know it, the sugar bowl is full of coffee.

People who stand on escalators in pairs.

People who think by putting their bag on the seat beside them on buses/trains that this means no-one can sit there.

People who try to compete when you are telling a story

People who don't understand the round system in pubs.

And finally......

Women who say they don't want anything for Valentines Day because it is a tacky Hallmark holiday and then sulk for a week when you take them at their word!!

People who use the same spoon for coffee and sugar and before you know it, the sugar bowl is full of coffee.

People who stand on escalators in pairs.

People who think by putting their bag on the seat beside them on buses/trains that this means no-one can sit there.

People who try to compete when you are telling a story

People who don't understand the round system in pubs.

And finally......

Women who say they don't want anything for Valentines Day because it is a tacky Hallmark holiday and then sulk for a week when you take them at their word!!

I was just saying the exact same things to Michael Fassbender when we were sat next to each other at the BAFTAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back