Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firefly;1223620[B said:
]Constantly being asked to join Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter by friends of mine.[/B] Won't and never will. Just can't see how it would make my life better but see so much wrong with it on the downside...

Want to get in touch? Beers.

+ 1,000,000!

I was going to start a thread about this, asking if I was the only one who hadn't capitulated!

And now for a few thoughts of my own..........

People who drive in urban areas when it's dark, with only their parking lights switched on.

FF politicians criticising Government cuts in the Dáil, while trying to keep a straight face.

People (some of whom have spent at least a week in England) calling me "Mate."

PermanentTSB mortgage interest rates.

The Bóthar Goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Foreign Nationals being referred to as Non Nationals, as if they were born in outer space!

Robbie Keane apologists. ;)

Gardaí driving patrol cars while on a mobile phone.

Golfers in the clubhouse asking me what I hit for my second shot to a particular hole. (Such insecurity! ;))

The current Government's kite flying.

Alan Shatter's arrogance.

Willie O Dea's moustache.

Joe Higgins's performances on Tonight With Vincent Browne.

Irish soccer fans doing that pathetic "Ole. Ole. Ole!" chant.

Pubs that charge more than €3.50 for a pint of porter. (Real porter! ;))

Phil Hogan's smugness.

Government U-turns.

The Labour Party expelling a party member for voting the way the party did before they entered government.

The fact that Charlie McCreevy gets so little mention when our recent disasterous economic mis-management is discussed.

Bertie Ahern's smile.

George Hook's voice.

The fact that Spanish is not more widely taught in Irish secondary schools than French.

Mary Lou McDonald ending her sentences on a high note.

Religious fundamentalists.

Religious control of the masses.

Begrudgers.

Holy Joe's.

Cold dinner plates.

Potholes.

T.D.'s expenses.

Drug cheats.

The 1973 Sunderland team.

"We've now got loads of money so we can buy any player we want to and we've a divine right to win everything" English soccer clubs.

AA Roadwatch wans' accents.

I also feel much better, now that I've shared all that with you. :)

There is a special place in hell for those lazy sods who take disabled spaces, the main disability I see with you is laziness and obesity

And I'll throw in those who double and treble park around shopping centre entrances

Some drivers would nearly slit your throat and drive over you to get a space by the door. You'll often see drivers queueing for a space by the door at my local Tesco

Yet fifty metres away there are lots of spaces, you could park and walk into the store in less time

Are you that lazy? :confused:

Well I'm here with Tesco
"Please put your item in the baggage area"
I did dammit :mad:

And can Mary and Biddie kindly stop abandoning their trollies and blocking the aisle.
A narrow shopping centre aisle is not the place to stop and discuss the local news

People who stand right at your heels in a queue, what do they fear, that someone is going to get into the centimetre of space they have left between them and you?
People who have to park right beside you, (and thump your car door with theirs) even when there are hundreds of empty spaces. I was in a supermarket last Saturday and came back to my car to find a car over the line, beside mine, in a practically empty car park. What is that about!:confused:

The guy who coughed in to my face as I ws buying my newspaper today. I turned and glared at him and he immediately apologised. I said to him to cover his mouth and turn his head if he is going to cough. His apology wasn't genuine as I spotted him coughing over the fruit and veg later. The supermarkets can leave out all their designer breads as much as they like but you won't catch me buying it if I can't wash it or cook it.

And now for a few thoughts of my own..........

People who drive in urban areas when it's dark, with only their parking lights switched on.

FF politicians criticising Government cuts in the Dáil, while trying to keep a straight face.

People (some of whom have spent at least a week in England) calling me "Mate."

PermanentTSB mortgage interest rates.

The Bóthar Goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Foreign Nationals being referred to as Non Nationals, as if they were born in outer space!

Robbie Keane apologists. ;)

Gardaí driving patrol cars while on a mobile phone.

Golfers in the clubhouse asking me what I hit for my second shot to a particular hole. (Such insecurity! ;))

The current Government's kite flying.

Alan Shatter's arrogance.

Willie O Dea's moustache.

Joe Higgins's performances on Tonight With Vincent Browne.

Irish soccer fans doing that pathetic "Ole. Ole. Ole!" chant.

Pubs that charge more than €3.50 for a pint of porter. (Real porter! ;))

Phil Hogan's smugness.

Government U-turns.

The Labour Party expelling a party member for voting the way the party did before they entered government.

The fact that Charlie McCreevy gets so little mention when our recent disasterous economic mis-management is discussed.

Bertie Ahern's smile.

George Hook's voice.

The fact that Spanish is not more widely taught in Irish secondary schools than French.

Mary Lou McDonald ending her sentences on a high note.

Religious fundamentalists.

Religious control of the masses.

Begrudgers.

Holy Joe's.

Cold dinner plates.

Potholes.

T.D.'s expenses.

Drug cheats.

The 1973 Sunderland team.

"We've now got loads of money so we can buy any player we want to and we've a divine right to win everything" English soccer clubs.

AA Roadwatch wans' accents.

I also feel much better, now that I've shared all that with you. :)

You are incredibly well adjusted and tolerant for a Cork man. Do you find it hard to fit in down there?

+1 Utter trash. The Irish Times on Sat is OK but I'm beginning to buy the Telegraph and FT Weekend recently and they have very interesting articles in the paper and their magazines. Usually don't finish them until Tue/Wed so never seem to buy the Sunday papers anymore..

Actually, it would be great if you could just buy the magazines from the leading papers on a Sat...hmm

The Telegraph has the best rubgy coverage of any newspaper.

Management speak
My boss does not play baseball yet he calls me to "touch base". :rolleyes:
He's a good boss, just a bit fond of all this

Overused phrases by our leaders in the Dáil
"Going forward"
"We have turned a corner"
"In this current economic climate"

One for the public:
"The poorest and most vulnerable in our society"
Fr. McVerry was always at this one, so were lobbyists, it got picked up in the media and now lots use it. Head up to the canteen at lunch and I hear people saying this or listen to Joe Duffy and people say it.

And finally death to those who say:
"No recession in their house"
Was waiting at a busstop, got sick of waiting and flagged a taxi.
Guess what the three old women said after me :mad:

And if you book a nice holiday or buy a nice car, someone will say it about you too

Apart from moderators at AAM, I hear Brendan is paying them huge money. No recession in the mods houses this Christmas ;)

People who suddenly decide to start looking at the same thing as you in a shop then shove you out of the way...this happened to me 3 times, same woman in Boots today, while looking at hair dye, foot creams and aftershave.

Queuing for 20 minutes in a shop to pay, it's less than 4 weeks to christmas, just employ an extra staff member! The shop must have lost more money than it would cost to employ an someone on the amount of people putting back stuff and walking out.

People who stand in shop doorways talking.

People who read the newspaper in newsagents, then tut at you when you try to reach past them to get a paper..it's a shop not a bloody library!

People who suddenly decide to start looking at the same thing as you in a shop then shove you out of the way...this happened to me 3 times, same woman in Boots today, while looking at hair dye, foot creams and aftershave.

Queuing for 20 minutes in a shop to pay, it's less than 4 weeks to christmas, just employ an extra staff member! The shop must have lost more money than it would cost to employ an someone on the amount of people putting back stuff and walking out.

People who stand in shop doorways talking.

People who read the newspaper in newsagents, then tut at you when you try to reach past them to get a paper..it's a shop not a bloody library!

People trying to look at the same thing as me in the likes of boots use to annoy me. Now I'm just glad there are people in the shop, my local boots is usually a ghost town.

TV remote junkies who keep flickin the channel.
Public nose picking .
Women applying make-up in public.
Mid=Atlantic accents. We have lovely accents (apart from Louth, and inner cities, "alrigh bud").

Hai, what's youze issue with Lou-ad hai? Youze should bewk a weekend in Draaaawda or Dundaaaaalk or Ardreeeeeee hai.

Louth takes the worst elements of Dub and Nordie and combines them, painful to listen to

Go youtube Steve Staunton for an example

People who bend over and take it from the government. Do people not protest anymore?

people who use phones on planes.

People who enjoy throwing their weight around then get all teary and sensitive when someone gives them a taste of their own medicine.

And can Mary and Biddie kindly stop abandoning their trollies and blocking the aisle.
A narrow shopping centre aisle is not the place to stop and discuss the local news
I find puttign small expensive items into their trollies makes me feel better.

Pushing it around a corner also helps.

I find puttign small expensive items into their trollies makes me feel better.

Pushing it around a corner also helps.

Reminds me of a time myself and Mrs Firefly went shopping in an Aldi years ago. We had only a few things to get and as it was very busy we put our trolley at the end of one of the isles and picked up what we needed. We did this at each isle and after the 3rd time (we deliberately didn't block anyone or anthing like that) we came back to find our "bags for life" were nicked!!

It wasn't you Purple, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back