Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a smoke bud?
Sorry, I don't smoke

Then I get a tut tut and a filthy look like I just kicked their puppy :eek:

I don't smoke and even if I did I wouldn't be handing them out for free to randomers.

All I have to do is stand outside the pub or cinema waiting for a friend [friends arriving late is another rant] or even stand outside the local Tesco and I get approached and asked
And it's never good looking girls where I could use it a conversation starter and break the ice :cool:
No, it's usually the tracksuit brigade who I don't want to talk to

Maybe there is some long standing camardarie and honour code between smokers, I don't know

Well I call it mooching and begging

People/idiots who give money to the plague of street beggars around every street in the City Centre thereby encouraging more and more of their 'clan' to descend onto every pavement/parking meter in the City! :mad:

I have just gone back to work after 7 months of unemployment so maybe my tolerance of people is low! But, Lunch at your desk is only ok if everyone else is supposed to be on lunch at the same time. At my place we have a split lunch shift so while I am working the woman next to me is eating her soup and disturbing people with her talking.

I can cope with those but the one that really really annoys me is women getting hysterically excited about a pair of shoes. Someone had a pair delivered to work and the entire female staff of our department (except for me!) were cooing round then like a new born baby...

Another thing, the way people look at me when I tell them I don't drink alcohol, like my face has just turned itself inside out or something, then expect an explanation as to WHY!!! ( I just don't like it, it makes me ill)

We have flexi time so there are people in the office sometimes. I do have my own office but leave the door open. I'd happily stop eating me lunch at my desk if the wedding and baby talk stops.

One of the women's daughter is getting married next year and some days, I almost lose the will to live. So until then I will continue to eat my lunch at my desk and think a curry phase is in order.

I have just gone back to work after 7 months of unemployment so maybe my tolerance of people is low! But, Lunch at your desk is only ok if everyone else is supposed to be on lunch at the same time. At my place we have a split lunch shift so while I am working the woman next to me is eating her soup and disturbing people with her talking.

To be honest, I've just moved from my own room to a shared room and I'd far rather people were eating their lunch at their desk than shouting into their mobiles, listening to messages on speaker, humming, singing, talking to themselves, etc etc etc. Can't get a thing done. :(

Fallen leaves that blow across the country road on wet windy nights in an erratic fashion leading me to believe they are frogs hopping and causing me to swerve/brake....Grrrrr!

Teatime.. you gave me a good laugh.. Leaves that look like Frogs.. brillliant. Dam those leaves! or frogs!

Fallen leaves that blow across the country road on wet windy nights in an erratic fashion leading me to believe they are frogs hopping and causing me to swerve/brake....Grrrrr!

I've always thought they looked like rats! But I do still try to avoid them.

And that reminds me of the suicidal frogs (previously) living in my garden hopping in fromt of the lawn mower - nothing more annoying than emptying the grass collection bag knowing I'll come across frog guts at some point....

To be honest, I've just moved from my own room to a shared room and I'd far rather people were eating their lunch at their desk than shouting into their mobiles, listening to messages on speaker, humming, singing, talking to themselves, etc etc etc. Can't get a thing done. :(

I can understand that too!

Anyway back on topic....

When you start a new job and are learning so much, writing everything down but still make a mistake, instead of explaining what I did wrong and offering to explain it, colleague goes complaining loudly to manager about having to sort out "the mess" (which wasn't that big a deal...)

NIB being a "cashless" bank. That's not much good to me anymore.
Waiting a long time to be served for anything.

Holding the door open for a "gentleman" at lunchtime today and he just walks out past me without saying thanks.

"Parking" on yellow boxes.

Cars using the bus lanes.

There...I feel better already!

Me too, Firefly. Drives me absolutely bananas!!! :(

That radio advert for the play about Tom Creane, Arctic Explorer, which went something like....on the 15h day ...all we could see was South Georgia.... It was running ad nausem last year to the point I had to jump and switch-off the radio. I thought it had died a long-overdue death only to hear it again recently... I really really hope that's the end of the re-runs.:eek:

Oh, yes, Horusd!!!

The bit that drives me nuts is yer man talking about spotting South Georgia on the something of his "sssthhhhumb." (There's no smiley for wanting to jump into the radio to bait the daylights out of yer man!)

Pharmacists who dispense 14 off-cuts of foil packaging each containing two tablets in response to me presenting a monthly prescription.

I probably shouldn't moan about Aldi vitamin/health supplement etc. tablets, due to the reasonable cost of them but you could fit 5 times as many tablets into every tablet box!

+1 Utter trash. The Irish Times on Sat is OK but I'm beginning to buy the Telegraph and FT Weekend recently and they have very interesting articles in the paper and their magazines. Usually don't finish them until Tue/Wed so never seem to buy the Sunday papers anymore..

Actually, it would be great if you could just buy the magazines from the leading papers on a Sat...hmm

OMG, Firefly, surely you haven't forsaken De Paiper! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back