Things that drive you nuts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who re-stock the priinter by opening a ream of paper and putting in the few sheets they need. Printer drawers are sized to take a full ream.

Buying my groceries in SuperValu Mount Merrion and forgetting to hand in my fob to collect my points earned for my purchases but also the fact that the staff member never remind me or ask me if I have a reward card. Even worse to be told afterward that they cannot add the points earned retrospectively.

Why do you wait at the bus-stop or supermarket checkout and then recoil in horror when you realize you need to pay

So you search that bottomless handbag for aaaaaaaaages to find your money

I also include people who queue for the ATM and don't have their card ready when they get to the top of the queue.

Nearly forgot

If you don't say darling in real life then why do you post DD, DS or DH? I'll include hubby also

Not so bad here but there is an Irish wedding site and it's everywhere

Last edited:
Nearly forgot

If you don't say darling in real life then why do you post DD, DS or DD? I'll include hubby also

Years...and ok...more years ago, when the internet was new and scary, people started using DD, DS, DH etc. because they didn't want to name their children online. Sometimes you'd see DD#2 and everyone on that site who "knew" the poster knew exactly which child was being referred to.

It used to mean "Darling" but over time, particularly when it came to husbands, the first "D" would sometimes mean "Darn"..you'd know by the tone of the post what was meant.

HTH :)

Nearly forgot

If you don't say darling in real life then why do you post DD, DS or DH? I'll include hubby also

I know the one...DH loves it :D

When I visit my sister's house this Christmas and she will be lying through her teeth when she says that she prepared/cooked the little tasties/finger food that she bought in Marks and Spencers. She will then proceed to talk about herself and the wonderful things that she is doing in her life throughout the visit and show absolutely no interest in anyone else's life. I wonder does Leper have room for one more at his next winter BBQ?

When I visit my sister's house this Christmas and she will be lying through her teeth when she says that she prepared/cooked the little tasties/finger food that she bought in Marks and Spencers.

You should show up with a little treat this year of a selection of M&S goodies, announcing as you enter where you got them and how cheap they were.

Then watch as she races to the kitchen to prepare something else.

I hate disgusting toilet manners. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen toilet bowls with skidmarks on the bowl and the sides. Toilet brushes are never used. Instead of waiting to assess what dirt is left after flushing the bowl, MOST people walk out of the cubicle at the same time as flushing. The height of ignorance. I also cannot understand why some people stick their snots to the tiled walls in toilets ? It totally escapes me what that could be all about

People who eat breakfast bowl of cereal or lunch at their desk, when there is a perfectly good canteen on site. Extra annoyance to those who go to the effort of walking to canteen to microwave soup, then bring it back to their desk to eat! It's really not that impressive having to listen to people chimping and slurping just so they can prove how dedicated they are....

Has nothing to do with trying to show dedication

It's nice to eat in peace, internet full screen and chill at your desk
Take the phone of the hook and you can turn on the ipod

Up in the canteen it's loud, full of chat and gossip and bitching.
Since I have to add to the thread, I hate this gossiping and bitching behind people's backs that goes on in every workplace

So if you are sitting in the canteen one day and wondering why some people refuse to sit down in there and always leave, before you label them anti-social maybe look at those around you already in the canteen ;)

No, I should have been clearer, you see these people are making a point of "working" through lunch, even though they have to stop to make the food and eat it. It's not a place where everyone goes to lunch at the same time so it's not exactly a quiet place to eat and relax. And as for people eating their cornflakes at the desk......get up a bit earlier!

( I tend to go for a walk at lunch to get peace;-) )

Ah the office "martyr", love to tell you how indispensable they are
And often they never share info or hide emails or never delegate in their efforts to become indispensable.

And think they are great staying late and impressing the boss.
When realy, the boss thinks anyone who has to stay late is disorganized and struggling with their work.

A few times a year they struggle into work, telling everyone how sick they were but they just had to come in

And love to tell you they have the "flu" :rolleyes:
Except of course if they had the flu they'd be on their back and barely capable of getting out of bed. The flu can kill you, it's not something you arrive into work with.

The office would not be complete without them :D

I eat lunch at my desk but don't count it as working though. I do eat out in the the canteen / local pub about 3 times a month. One girl is a bit more of a gossip the me (I love gossip once it's half true) so I catch up on the gossip with her.

Back on topic. I work with a load of women and cannot take anymore talk about weddings and kids/babies. I just don't care. I'd like a rule to confine these topics to lunch times.

I also hate colleagues I hardly know (cos we speak three times a year) ringing me on Monday asking me did I have a nice weekend. One day I'm going to tell them yes I did. Snorted 10 lines, dropped 2 e's so am not at my best today.

I have just gone back to work after 7 months of unemployment so maybe my tolerance of people is low! But, Lunch at your desk is only ok if everyone else is supposed to be on lunch at the same time. At my place we have a split lunch shift so while I am working the woman next to me is eating her soup and disturbing people with her talking.

cannot take anymore talk about weddings and kids/babies.

I can cope with those but the one that really really annoys me is women getting hysterically excited about a pair of shoes. Someone had a pair delivered to work and the entire female staff of our department (except for me!) were cooing round then like a new born baby...

Another thing, the way people look at me when I tell them I don't drink alcohol, like my face has just turned itself inside out or something, then expect an explanation as to WHY!!! ( I just don't like it, it makes me ill)

Ah the office "martyr", love to tell you how indispensable they are
And often they never share info or hide emails or never delegate in their efforts to become indispensable.

And think they are great staying late and impressing the boss.
When realy, the boss thinks anyone who has to stay late is disorganized and struggling with their work.

A few times a year they struggle into work, telling everyone how sick they were but they just had to come in

And love to tell you they have the "flu" :rolleyes:
Except of course if they had the flu they'd be on their back and barely capable of getting out of bed. The flu can kill you, it's not something you arrive into work with.

The office would not be complete without them :D

True. I've worked with lots of office martyrs and they're rarely the people who fly up the ladder getting lots of promotions.

has nothing to do with trying to show dedication

it's nice to eat in peace, internet full screen and chill at your desk
take the phone of the hook and you can turn on the ipod

up in the canteen it's loud, full of chat and gossip and bitching.

+1

People who stand and block escalators/travelators and have a conversation instead of standing on one side to let people walk past. Think it comes from living in London....

Also people who stand in line waiting to pay for something but wait until they are being served to actually start rooting around their bag for their purse. And then start rooting around for coins.

People who stand and block escalators/travelators and have a conversation instead of standing on one side to let people walk past. Think it comes from living in London....

+1

Also people who stand in line waiting to pay for something but wait until they are being served to actually start rooting around their bag for their purse. And then start rooting around for coins.

Not just me, so ;)

People waiting in line for a checkout, then waiting 'til asked for payment before trying to locate a card or change.

Why do you wait at the bus-stop or supermarket checkout and then recoil in horror when you realize you need to pay

So you search that bottomless handbag for aaaaaaaaages to find your money

I also include people who queue for the ATM and don't have their card ready when they get to the top of the queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back