Thermaskirt- any one using it?

footsteps

Just seen this product and wondering if any one knows much about it ?

http://www.discreteheat.co.uk

We are currently building a house and are going with rads, but two rooms have big windows and not a whole lot of wall space- so these could work!
Any info appreciated!

Just priced it for a room 5m X 5.8m (includes Bay Window) in Golden Oak = €1900

Last edited:
i have quite often been in the 'Abbeyleix Manor' Hotel. they built an extension last year that incorporated these skirt-rads and i must say they worked a charm. I have no idea about costs to run, but performance wise they are the same as wall rads. If you didnt know what they were you would never suspect they were anything other than normal skirts. I was impressed by the stand at the Plan Expo last Nov as well.

Thank you for that! Good to hear, I really think I would go with these for 2/3 rooms of the house where I don't want rads. Must try and look up a few performance figures etc.

definitely send your plans on to get tendered and priced, because there are situations in which these cannot run.... ie short runs between door opes etc... you need to ensure your design suits.

Yes, will do, thankfully the rooms are fairly straight forward, short door opening which would just mean norman skirting rather than thermaskirt!
Really seems to be exactly what I am looking for, but. .

Would llke to hear from any one who has it installed in their home?

Myson maketed similar system for years but as the fins were close to the floor they readily got blocked up with lint/fluff. if capeted floor.

I was asked to replace with rads but just vacumed out the fluff clients were delighted.

Should not be a problem over hardwood or tiles.

Last edited:
My Dad just had it fitted in his house, as he was starting to feel the cold and complaining that he had to sit on his rads to keep warm.
He had the Thermaskirt fitted and is raving about it. He got it from the UK, but his friend now wants it and they say it is supplied now in Ireland....Has anyone dealt with them in Ireland?

I think they are based in Tallaght. I know somebody who got a brochure from them recently. It looks good and heats right around the room not just the areas the rads are in. It'd be interesting to hear feedback from more people who use them in their house.

Back