There is a short story in this

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I cracked up yesterday when passing our local clothes bank. Maybe the sign has been there for ages, but I hadn't noticed it.

upload_2018-12-5_10-17-17.png

not displaying for me - getting:

Askaboutmoney.com - the consumer forum - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I must be the first person to attach an image to a post in this forum. The settings didn't allow people to see it.

I have adjusted them, so you should see it now.

Brendan

I don't see the funny thing either! :oops::oops:

Sorry Brendan, you might need to spell it out for me!

If they put one in the clothes bank.. what happened the other? Lost? Eaten by dog? Leg and all taken by a shark?

I dunno about shoes, but I have lots of single socks.

Wonder does the clothes bank accept those.:(

I dunno about shoes, but I have lots of single socks.
Wonder does the clothes bank accept those.:(

Keep them for cleaning window \ car...

Yup, that makes perfect sense. That would be a use for the sock's material, rather than in its function as a sock. The clothes bank people are likely asserting that they only have uses for shoes as shoes, and not as re-purposed materials. So they have no use for half a pair of shoes whose other half is lost, damaged or worn out. Seems perfectly logical to me and -- at the risk of appearing humorless -- not very funny. ;)

That was socks with Garret, really its socks all the way down.
Google Garrett gave a polished speech despite odd shoes ,one of the soles had being reheeled,
As the report said Garrett was more concerned with substance than style,

I suppose if you are in the public eye and can put on a pair of matching shoes you could get away with talking nonsense or baloney for years,

Last edited:
Back