The Sunday Independent

Re: Re

I presume this is you Siddo even though you've signed yourself as piggy?

You do not have to be in the business for a feel on what’s good for the press

Then why did you tell me to stick to what I know?

I hate this old chestnut argument, "I know someone who works there so hey you know nothing".

I never stated that "hey you know nothing" as I would never be so presumptuous as to say such a thing.

I'm not "in" the business. You said to me "stick to what you know". I was merely pointing out that I know enough about the newspaper industry to talk about it.

as you have proved reading and understanding what you have read are very different

Can you clarify what exactly you mean please?

The Sunday Indo has been terrible for years, but last year topped it all with the "O3" team, christ that was appalling!

I can't think of one topic/area they cover well, and then they don't have a weekly tv guide, godamnit!

SI

The SI is a rag indeed, and its greatest lowlife is that twat Brendan O'Connor. He seems to write at least half the 'opinion' pieces with the result that the paper is liberally scattered with his venom. Brendan loves himself and is truly infatuated with his own unfunny sense of humour and bitchy 'wit'.

While he rips apart his latest victim(s) each week, I can't help but thinking how lucky Brendan is to be so lacking in self awareness that he fails to realise that whats really funny...is HIM.

Back