The Public Funds and S6.3 of the Credit Institution Act 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtp

Brendan Howlin is predicting another election in the next twelve month and they will be at it.

S 6.3 of the above act grants the minister for finance power to use/ charge the central fund for bank - current and former for as long as he or she and the regulator and governor of Central bank are of the opinion that it is in the public interest and that the situation set out in S2 of the Act is in place.

Under the act amended in 09 the Minister also has power to extend the power by Ministerial Order - no dail input at all on use of central fund for banks . That is a huge power on any one man or small gr of men over the public funds

The Exchequer Statement of the monies that came into the central fund and the money that went out in 14 and 15 show payment of 50 million for the promissory note under that act.

They also show 9 million repayment of the EU/IMF Assistance Programme. I see no legislation charging the fund for that part object cos legislation cant be enacted wit pri0r approval of dail the eireann under art 29 5 2 approving terms of the loan/financial assistance programme to Ireland.

Those term include that bank in programme meet IMF/EU core tier capital requirements - AIB., BOI, I L and P , and merged INBS and Anglo Irish.

Apparently an deal was agreed on liquidation of IBRC - but state continues to pay for the promissory note? We no the ECB is putting pressure on bank to sell the bond but it appear lender getting it on both angles ?

The Sale of bank share, liquidation of bank does not mean that a bank is off the state balance sheets - i e does not mean the min for finance under this legislation may not sue fund for that bank and that a risk, my concern for as long as loan not repaid or terms favourable to electorate not employed by Dail.

Money is going out of the central for bank incl. Anglo Irish bank AND repayment being made out of it for the IMF/EU Fin Assist Programme - but term never even debated by dail never mind approved and min for finance hold this tool under that legislation for as longs as it is his opinion and the govenor and regulators that the situation in S2 of the act is in place.

may be Voter write simple letter to their own local TDS advising THEM ALL that it is no longer acceptable that min has this power over use of public fund with out dail supervision addressed and more who send it may prompt all or some to consider in whose interest he is elected to represent and what those interests are - that the TD exercise his mandate and be involved in acts of appropriation of public funds on at least a more regular basis ? They cant know unless u tell them can they?>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back