the nurseries dundrum

B.A.C.

I went past this location today but it was shut off and can only see one 4 bed house on MyHome. The website has no useful information except inviting a phone call from Sherry Fitz. Any insight into this development? Expected completion date? Pros and cons of living on Taney Road? Thanks.

I understand most of the first phase is sold so they are plugging the second phase near the entrance. I know someone who bought one and they are not in yet. Was there for their first viewing by appointment in April, by 12 am most 3/4 bedrooms were sold. Four bed detached were going for about 905k so 100k more than advertised. I did not like them albeit well built, cheap finishes especially the floors, very narrow, small master bedrooms (struggle to get anything bigger than a small double), hard to configure back bedrooms with single beds too, minuscule gardens and even for SE/SW/S houses a very dark open living area, desperately needs roof boxes.

Thanks for the input. The location is great but those are a lot of drawbacks at that price point. Have you seen any houses for sale in Dundrum around the same price which would be better value for money?

While quite expensive this property seems to be *relatively* decent value: [broken link removed]

Yes, location is great, but what turned us off Dundrum and our future reliance on the Luas is that it is near impossible to get on it at the Dundrum stop in the morning. If an essential, bear that in mind.

Semi-detached over 1m in Dublin 14, that will be on the market for quite a while, about 800k would be more realistic in my view. Depends on your style, could buy up at 1970s Knocknashee for 720k (some there on the market for a long time) or so and do it up, also plenty more semi-detached 1940/50s styles around for half the price and do up around, Goatstown, Dundrum, Kilmacud etc. What I've no ticed that anything nicely renovated about 7-800k goes quickly, above that, the market is slow. Also a brand new one, 'Birch' in Dundrum round the back of the Nurseries going for over 1.1m, being on the market for a year dropped from 1.2m or more.

This one (actually 5 beds with 2 upstairs) in Stillorgan was on the market for 750k and sold for 825k per the property price register, it was sold in a few days - [broken link removed]. Very popular area with IT workers. Anything renovated around Weirview, Myrtle and surrounds goes in a flash, doer uppers come up here now and again, no.33 Merville is back on the market again after a failed sale. Edited to add this area is adjacent to the Sandyford and Stillorgan Luas stops.

I'm looking for my cousin and a friend returning to Ireland, so I might bump into you. Both have very different budgets, but basically Green line Luas areas.

This one (actually 5 beds with 2 upstairs) in Stillorgan was on the market for 750k and sold for 825k per the property price register, it was sold in a few days - [broken link removed].

Attractive house but big money for 105m2 of habitable space and still expensive if you include the attic which is out of regs. 1600sq feet for 825k = 515 per sq foot on an average road.

Attractive house but big money for 105m2 of habitable space and still expensive if you include the attic which is out of regs. 1600sq feet for 825k = 515 per sq foot on an average road.

I agree, if you're going to spend that much, probably more return in Mount Merrion or an estate like Stillorgan Wood that is closer to the Luas.

The luas is a major draw to the area for me. If Dundrum is difficult to get on at 8am then Windy Arbour must impossible. I will have to do a few test runs between 7.30 and 8.30 on weekday mornings to see for myself.

This may help: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...o-extend-to-55m-over-next-14-months-1.4049914

Thanks.

Yes, do a trial. Regular weekday with schools on. I've heard of people travelling back to the Sandyford terminus from Dundrum to get on a Luas into town.

Yes, do a trial. Regular weekday with schools on. I've heard of people travelling back to the Sandyford terminus from Dundrum to get on a Luas into town.
Any news from anyone on the trial luas runs in the morning?

Phase 2 is early March I believe. One house left in phase 1 but 895k as its south facing

Is that one of the 4 bed detached? I was told at the home open homes that no offers under 915k were being accepted. And in fact by 12pm they were all gone. So they were trying to get me to deposit on a 3 bed. This was back in April 2019.

Anyone visited this scheme? Went in last week- looks like a lovely development- anyone know what the story is with phase 2?

Back