The Late Late Show 15-04-2011, serious piece on suicide followed by dog marriage?

I know someone who runs a dog grooming business - he and his partner would be unemployed if people washed their own dogs. I have a lot of respect for him because he was made redundant a number of years ago and effectively created his own job.

I know someone who runs a dog grooming business - he and his partner would be unemployed if people washed their own dogs. I have a lot of respect for him because he was made redundant a number of years ago and effectively created his own job.

He is running a business and providing a service that people want, I don't think that he is running a business because people are using his service just to keep him in business.
Maybe it is the nature of a cleaning job that peolple seem to be looking at such jobs as giving people a dig out or something.

Dog grooming is not just about washing a dog!! I would happily wash my own dog and I do that but he goes to the dog groomer to have his hair trimmed and cut right and keep it in good condition, trim his nails, do something to his anal gland, not everyone is confident doing those grooming tasks for their pet. And it's €40 every 3 months or so.

I tought the lls was absurd going onto the Dog Story.

The management of the High Kings do a great job getting them on the show so often.

+1. I haven't watched the show in years, but I think it should have been allowed to finish a LONG time ago.

I agree. It should have ended with Gay Byrne and been remembered as a classic of the 60s and 70s. Instead RTE have dragged it on and on leaving it looking very limp and lifeless. Surely they could think of something a bit more innovative for a Friday Night. Also, do we have to then have another similar (but even weaker) show on a Saturday as well?

I like the Late Late Show. For me though the quality and entertainment of show is largely determined by the guests that they have on the show. I don't like seeing RTE personalities being interviewed on the Late Late Show, and I don't really like seeing people who are trying to promote something being interviewed, but that seems to be the way things are done these days. That said, I did like some of the interviews this year, such as those with Alistar Campbell, Phil Lynott's mother, etc.

Back