"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "The Kilns", Portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

Hi Killian

Thats great, hello neighbour!! there is a change with us getting the keys, it will be next week now, electricity not on yet and the rest of the snagging will done when electricity is on.

unac said:
The saga continues - Block 3 end of terrace units are being held up because the steps are not in and cant go in until the scaffolding goes down on Block 6 which cant go in until that is plastered - aaaggghhh. the finishing foreman has not control over the builders so we are in a fix here. Such drama.

This is the most frustrating experience of my life. How do they not foresee ANY of these issues? Is this their 1st time building?? Jokers.

Do you know whether this affects the other units in Block 3 or just end of terrace?

Thanks

PortoLad said:
This is the most frustrating experience of my life. How do they not foresee ANY of these issues? Is this their 1st time building?? Jokers.

Do you know whether this affects the other units in Block 3 or just end of terrace?

Thanks

It appears to be just the end of terrace but i would not count on it as it is one excuse after the other. At this rate we wont be in until mid to end of July

Development is coming together nicely now. It looks great.
Does anyone have a contact for doing snag lists and how much did they charge?

Found these on the web the fact they revisit and make sure the snags are cleared is a bonus

http://www.homesnag.ie €300 seems reasonable

Any Block 3 folks received their completion notices yet?

I was enquiring about my place in block three yesterday. Reasons for delay are steps not in, doors not in (so snagging not possible) and electricity still off. Every week they amaze me more and more with their lack of progress. Hope to get an update mid next week

Hi Hugh,Have name of excellent snagger, goes through all with fine tooth comb and provides photos on cd aswell.220 for 1 visit, 300 for 2, post snag.His name is Anthony Edwards, 003531 8071747.Did no 1, block one for me this week.

We were around on site today to check on block 3 and the steps are in they are finishing the ones at the end but the others seem done - so maybe some light at the end of this very long tunnel.

i was there over the weekend and they were cleaning the windows on block 3 and giving them a really good once-over so i'd say they're ready to be snagged very soon- possibly this week....the place is coming along nicely at last but there have been even more trees cut down along the DART line which takes away from the seclusion of the whole estate;

We were told today that the supplier for the internal doors on all of the block 3 units had let them down and they have now to source a new supplier - which may have a long lead in - . therefore another delay. Steps are in but the doors are now holding things up. What next

I am supposed to be snagging this week. This is crazy. I have gone past the point of being shocked by these delays given their frequency. It is ridiculous that we as customers have no comeback, no compensation.

Folks-please avoid saying anything potentially defamatory. It is Brendan that will suffer the consequences. I have removed/edited some recent posts.

Thanks.

Folks does anyone know a good supplier of blinds? I gave hickeys the measurements of the windows in my block 3 apartment, and the quote they came back with for venetian blinds (inc. fitting) was hugely expensive :(

DubDave said:
Folks does anyone know a good supplier of blinds? I gave hickeys the measurements of the windows in my block 3 apartment, and the quote they came back with for venetian blinds (inc. fitting) was hugely expensive :(

Better off posting in Homes and Gardens. This hasn't got much to do with The Kilns in general.

D&G Blinds 2000 Limited
01 4610200
Used these in the past never beaten on price and good service

no 83 the kilns has a roof.
i'm shocked.
you guys snagging think you got it bad.
if i'm in by end 06 i'd say i'd be lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back