The irish government - the Real Enemy

Z

z107

People seem to blame either the banks, the Unions or the public sector for our current dire predicament, or maybe a mixture of all three. Here's why I believe the Irish Government alone should shoulder the blame:

1. The Unions.
The Unions are doing a fantastic job. Their remit is to look after their members, and they are doing precisely that. They are arranging strikes and taking out advert campaigns to get their message across. It's not their immediate problem that the country can't afford to maintain public sector spending, it's is the government's problem.

2. The Banks.
During the bubble years, the banks were out to make as much money as possible. The government helped them do this by their policies - tax breaks for property etc, and soft regulation. It is the nature of the beast that these banks will try to amass as much money as possible. Like the frog and the scorpion crossing the river, we cannot change the nature of the banks.

3. The Public Sector.
Who would turn down pay increases, perks, job for life, pensions etc, etc if offered them? I know I wouldn't. If my salary and perks were under threat, I would fight to maintain them. This is simply human nature. Why then are the public sector being demonised?

So, who's caused this mess?
It was the government of Ireland.

They have destroyed the country through a mixture of corruption ('soft corruption', or legal theft if you prefer.) and incompetence. They were the people in charge. They were the ones whose policies overheated the bubble. They maintained tax breaks on property at the height of the biggest property bubble this country has ever known.
When you get your January payslip (if you're lucky enough), consider where your contributions are going. Where your PRSI contribution, your PAYE, your Health Levy your Income Levy and your Pension related deduction (if applicable) is ending up. And why.

Now, this same government is still in power, and they are only interested in one thing. Bailing out their buddies.

Today is a dark day for all of us.
http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/president-signs-nama-bill-into-law-435390.html

Well most of us.

Who voted for them again and again?

The worst enemies of the people of Ireland are themselves.

Who voted for them again and again?

The worst enemies of the people of Ireland are themselves.

And as long as the people vote for the person rather than the party (policy), they'll carry on....

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately (while I can still say it and not be hung under the new blasphemy law) did nobody do Civics or what ever they call it now CSPE? at school???

Back