The great Nama giveaway

seamus m

What are the chances of us getting our 3 billion back from Cerberus ?and why are there not heads in Nama on the line? or in the courts. Come back Mr Wallace you are badly missed

What are the chances of us getting our 3 billion back from Cerberus ?and why are there not heads in Nama on the line? or in the courts. Come back Mr Wallace you are badly missed
Any chance Mr. Wallace will return the vat he collected but did not pay, or repay the staff pension contributions he did not pay?

He's one person who can't be used as a good example

You ob
Any chance Mr. Wallace will return the vat he collected but did not pay, or repay the staff pension contributions he did not pay?

He's one person who can't be used as a good example
I wouldn't think you have employed many people. If he is responsible for recovering 3 billion fraud and exposing Nama for what it was he will have more than repaid his debts

If he is responsible for recovering 3 billion fraud and exposing Nama for what it was he will have more than repaid his debts
No he won't. He will still owe every penny. He's certainly done some good work around this issue but that in no way changes the fact that he collected VAT and pension funds and trousered it. It smacks of hypocrisy that he criticises people and accuses them of doing roughly the same thing he did.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think you have employed many people.
What's that got to do with anything? When you employ people they earn your living for you. Therefore you have a duty of care to them. That duty includes paying funds into their pensions which you collected from them!

I don't get this attitude of revering people because they offered some local employment that you get with the likes of Wallace or the Quinns, where wrong-doings go completely ignored. It's as if this employment was a work of charity rather than in their own self-interest.

It's about the risk taking and primary sector industries ,not that much room on the fence.

You ob
I wouldn't think you have employed many people. If he is responsible for recovering 3 billion fraud and exposing Nama for what it was he will have more than repaid his debts
Over the past 30 years, I've employed hundreds. At the height, 38, currently 14.

Even in the most difficult times, all employee taxes were paid in full and on time as was vat.

Yes, he did well in calling this out, but I reckon it was someone else who found the issue and went to Wallace and could easily have gone to someone else.

Yes, he did well in calling this out, but I reckon it was someone else who found the issue and went to Wallace and could easily have gone to someone else.

Maybe or perhaps the someone else may have found themselves too 'busy' to get involved, or could have easily sat on it.

It's about the risk taking and primary sector industries ,not that much room on the fence.
What does that mean?
I'm an employer in the manufacturing sector. The first thing you do is you pay your employees, you pay their taxes using the money you have deducted from their wages, you pay your VAT and if you have taken any other money out of your employees wages to make other payments on their behalf then you make those payments too.
In my sector we face real competition, from Southeast Asia, the Main Land (EU and beyond), the UK and and USA.
Builders they have a powerful lobby group, politicians in their pocket and a customer base locked in by regulation and geography. The construction sector doesn't face real competition. The biggest problem they have is their own systemic incompetence. They were all great fellows during a boom but when the crash came they were exposed for the chancers and idiots they really were. Wallace typified that.

Back