The first CD/cassette/record, etc you ever purchased?

micmclo

What was it?

For me it was Ocean Colour Scence and the Moasly Shoals

Cassettes cost 10 punts and CDs cost 15 punts, late 1990's
So my first album was a cassette.

Was a great album, I still have it :)

Anyone else want to share?

Anyone buy an LP record as their first purchase? :cool:

Mine was purchased in 1985 or 1986 by collecting tokens on Kellogs cereals and sending them away with a postal order for a vinyl single - Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World.

Recently I bought a Chris de Burgh CD that my father had owned as an LP. I was a bit fascinated that my taste in music hadnt changed in so long and checked my collection to realise I own quite a number of CDs that existed as LPs in my home growing up!!

My first single purchased was:- Where Do You Go To My Honey by Peter Sardstedt.

I think it cost 6/6 (called six and six) Six shillings and six pence

My first single purchased was:- Where Do You Go To My Honey by Peter Sardstedt.

I think it cost 6/6 (called six and six) Six shillings and six pence

Where do you go to my LOVELY? I loved this song. Also Scott McKenzie's SanFrancisco and the Beatles Michelle my Belle. I think my first record was the Kinks Sunny Afternoon. (1966). I had lots of Kinks posters on my bedroom wall.

A thing called love by Johnny Cash in 1974.
Six foot six he stood on the ground,weighed 245 lbs,but I saw that giant of a man brought down by a thing called love

Fairly sure it was When the World Knows Your Name by Deacon Blue - still a good album, bought it on casette, c1987.

Around the same time bought Hysteria by Def Leppard, and while it does sound overproduced and a bit dated now it did get me into the whole 'hard rock' genre. Most influential album at that time Appetite for Destruction, before I became a lifelong Iron Maiden fan. So again my musical tastes have, overall, stayed much the same - 'undeveloped' from a muso's point of view no doubt!

Not sure. Either 'Arrival' by ABBA, or 'The Muppet Show Album'.

Either gives me the same amount of cred :D !

Only by bringing these things out into the open can we help prevent others from making the same mistakes.:)

Cheek!! It was the loss of Gerry Ryans Christmas Collection CD that caused me to go looking, I wanted A Spaceman Came Travelling again.

Mind you, Ive been running to it recently and Id be a liar if I said I wasnt loving Spanish Train and me frightening the life out of fellow joggers/walkers announcing "This ones MINE!!!" :)

220px-Queen_News_Of_The_World.png

Still have it, too! :eek:

Guns n Roses...appetite for destruction
next one after that was MC Hammer...please hammer, don't hurt 'em

how's about that for opposite ends of the scale!

What about Elvis Presley's "Teddy Bear" (?) 1957? I think the date is about right.

Cheek!! It was the loss of Gerry Ryans Christmas Collection CD that caused me to go looking, I wanted A Spaceman Came Travelling again.

I worked in retail when I was in secondary school (weekends and Christmas) and that song was part of an album that was played non-stop for 12 hours a day at Christmas. It used to drive me nuts at the time, but now when I hear it it's great :)

The one by Slade is great too.

Back