the day enda lost the next election-awful

The second lady died as a result of an infection post operation (c-section)it would seem (scant detail in articles), savita died from infection caused it would seem by the refusal to perform an operation.

The facts of the Savita case are yet to be established and based on previously linked sources in the other LOS thread, now apppear more uncertain than ever. Until they are established, its perhaps best not to draw any premature conclusions.

That said, I'm rather bemused by your self-proclaimed certainty that the circumstances of the Dhara and Savita tragedies are completely unrelated.

Irish Times poll out tomorrow (carried out Monday and Tuesday so before the Promissory note deal) has FF as the biggest party in the state
It really is time to pack up and get out of this country...

no difference beween FG and FF, same middle of the road redundant policies, so it makes not a jot of which of them are in power!. the one thing missing in this country is choice.

no difference beween FG and FF, same middle of the road redundant policies, so it makes not a jot of which of them are in power!. the one thing missing in this country is choice.

Agree with that. I am very surprised a new party hasn't been formed in the past few years. FG and FF and even Labour are essentially the same and most of the politicians are short sighted and self serving. We need some visionary leaders but not sure our electoral system or electortae can make that happen.

It really is time to pack up and get out of this country...

I'm thinking of doing it just to get away from this awful weather.

I could never vote FF again and I cannot stand the current lot. However I will never vote for SF and some of the Independents that have been voted in are like something dragged through a wet weekend in Oxegen.

The differance was when this country was in the midst of financial uncertainty - FG / Labour made an array of false promises to win votes.

They then seem astonished that people have no time for them.

If I remember correctly SF have 18% and are almost twice as popular as Labour now?!

Worrying if they have that much popularity...

The differance was when this country was in the midst of financial uncertainty - FG / Labour made an array of false promises to win votes.

They then seem astonished that people have no time for them.

Sorry cork, we all know you are a FFer but are you seriously saying that the difference between FG/Labour and FF is that FF didn't make false promises to win an election?

If I remember correctly SF have 18% and are almost twice as popular as Labour now?!

Worrying if they have that much popularity...

They don't Kine. SF always show well in polls but history shows that they're lucky to get half that number of votes when it comes to election time. That said, FG and Labour got in last time around as much on the basis that a lot of people didn't want FF as on the basis that they wanted FG or Labour. The next election will be interesting in that now a lot of voters don't want any of them - and wouldn't go near SF either! Bit of a mess really! Now doubt FG will have some budgetary strategy in election year to try and get them over the line.

Back