The correct way to address a Dead Person

jenolan

Hi,

Can someone please tell me whats the correct way to address a dead persons estate.

Thanks

Currently dealing with my mothers estate and I would suggest not doing what the house insurance people did.

They addressed the letter to "The Estate of the late Mrs. X" and then started the letter with "Dear Mrs. X" did not go down too well with my elderly father.

Because we still haven't managed to transfer my late father's Vodafone shares to my mother's name she still gets letters from Vodadone addressed to Mr. John P. ClubMan, U/D. What does the U/D mean?

ClubMan said:
Because we still haven't managed to transfer my late father's Vodafone shares to my mother's name she still gets letters from Vodadone addressed to Mr. John P. ClubMan, U/D. What does the U/D mean?
. Don't know, but maybe something like "under dispute" or "under discussion" or something like that? "Under" something, I would say.

The worst I have seen was a letter sent to my dead brother in law telling him his insurance DD bounced because he was dead. Mega insensitive.

Back