The colour scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of getting the pale blue background back? The lilac ... hmmmmm. It was lilac initially, and then the pale blue came in, now we're back to lilac.

On the current front page - changing away from the "lilac" colour is a must.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have arranged to make quite a few content changes e.g. getting rid of the avatars and the Latest Posts on the Right Hand side.

When these changes have been implemented we can review the colour scheme. With the multicoloured avatars gone, it will be a lot less garish.

Brendan

Here is what it used to look like. As long as the text is dark on a white background, the other colours don't matter too much to me.

The light blue background is perfect. It follows the old scheme.

I see nothing wrong with using avatars. Nothing wrong with seeing you in full song Brendan.

(I just saw the front page ... the multi-coloured avatars are a distraction. Your less cluttered approach is best.)

I like being able to click and see new posts or what's new since my last visit.

Put a simple AAM graphic into your logo spot and you're well on the way to perfection.

Last edited:
To be brutally honest, I think the whole change is awful.

Im the first to admit I dont like change.. but when you have a great layout/colour, why try to reinvent the wheel. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

I logged on after being away for a while and, just logged back out again as I was dazzeled by the colours, and the (un-clarity) of it all. it was the same feeling I once has after getting on the wrong bus, get me off quick..

I always remember when Buy and Sell had a fantastic website, they were number one in their field, and then some genius changed the whole dynamics of it... the rest is history.
Toyota had a great car namely the Corolla, and another genius said lets call this number one best seller an Auris...

I accept change is inevitable , but too much here imo.

Im sure il get use to it, but just giving my thoughts on it.

Hi LS

Whether we like it or not, we had to upgrade to xenForo 2 as they are stopping support for xenForo 1 next month.

There are some very good features in the X 2 which are listed here

It appears to be much better on mobile which is the main improvement from a user point of view.

Could I ask you to suspend your judgement until we have tailored it to our needs?

In the meantime, check out this thread and add to it as you see fit.

Suggested changes to the new layout

Brendan

Ah yes, this is so much better.

Its akin to being able to breath freely again. The only other suggestion I would advise, is to darken the light blue font. This light colour tends to fade into the white background. To darken this, it would just bring a bit of sharpness to the page, and less focusing of the eyes as you scroll through the posts.

Or maybe, Im just getting on in years and need to visit an optician..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back