The cheque arrived this morning

Got my cheque today. Write down of €25,826.51 and cheque for €9,506.83. I’ve gone through a range of emotions today. Based on the calculator I had anticipated of refund of approx €10,500 but when I saw that interest was being calculated simple rather than compound I was only expecting somewhere in the region of €8k. So, even though it is lower than I expected I’m now actually thrilled with the refund I received. I’ve said it before but will say it again - thank you Brendan from the bottom of my heart. I’m not overstating it by saying you’ve changed myself and my families life.

Got my cheque today. Write down of €25,826.51 and cheque for €9,506.83. I’ve gone through a range of emotions today. Based on the calculator I had anticipated of refund of approx €10,500 but when I saw that interest was being calculated simple rather than compound I was only expecting somewhere in the region of €8k. So, even though it is lower than I expected I’m now actually thrilled with the refund I received. I’ve said it before but will say it again - thank you Brendan from the bottom of my heart. I’m not overstating it by saying you’ve changed myself and my families life.

I've just did a calculation myself this morning and if I keep my mortgage repayments at their old amount rather than the new reduced amount I can knock 4 years off my mortgage and save approx €11k in interest over the remaining term. This is at my current rate before I even investigate getting a better rate due to LTV etc. Its the gift that keeps on giving.

Hi,
We have two mortgages with aib.
We have received cap writedown and interest cheques on this one.

However we also had another mortgage which is closed but have not received anything on this in terms of writedown or interest cheques. We dis receive the 1615 cheque on this one in 2018 though.

Has anyone else who has a closed account received their writedown in the form of a cheques and/or their interest cheque yet?

Thanks,

Hi,
We have two mortgages with aib.
We have received cap writedown and interest cheques on this one.

However we also had another mortgage which is closed but have not received anything on this in terms of writedown or interest cheques. We dis receive the 1615 cheque on this one in 2018 though.

Has anyone else who has a closed account received their writedown in the form of a cheques and/or their interest cheque yet?

Thanks,
It is either en route in post or possibly part of the 300 cohort. Was the 2nd mortgage on a fixed rate that expired between Oct 08 and Jan 09?

This morning I received the cheque for the interest- having lost my home and with a residual balance I wasn’t sure if this might drag on. I have made a submission for additional redress due to the loss of property and all that goes along with that. Anyone else in a similar position?
@Nailligo

This morning I received the cheque for the interest- having lost my home and with a residual balance I wasn’t sure if this might drag on. I have made a submission for additional redress due to the loss of property and all that goes along with that. Anyone else in a similar position?
@Nailligo

Nothing yet @RealDeal but I'll be in the same boat as you when it comes to making an appeal no doubt. I'll let you know when I get it though.
Did they send info with the cheque on the route to take?

Mine arrived this morning - off to the bank to lodge. roughly one third of the write down. Thank you Brendan for this, it is so welcome and a real surprise!

Back