The Cheapest Irish Stockbroker

I opened a custody account with NIB a while back but I still haven't used it yet.
I seem to remember something about a €40 annual management fee for using the account although I can't find my copy of the terms & conditions to check this.

One question relating to these online share dealing accounts- can you purchase ETF's using NIB's online facility?

Not sure about ETFs possible ring them or log the query, as for the presumably no annual charges they seem to have a charge for holding a custody account that I believe is needed to trade shares with them €40 a yr. At the end of this document is charges in relation to share dealing [broken link removed]

Failsafe, how long have you been using zecco.com for? It seems too good to be true. I've read some bad reviews but they mainly centered around the user interface and customer service rather than the actual execution.
What exchanges do they cater? ISEQ?

Oops, sorry I've just twigged this should be in the 'cheapest non-irish stockbroker' thread. Don't know how to move

Hi

The link from earlier in the thread to IFSRA's comparison of Irish stockbroker charges no longer works.

[broken link removed]

I've contacted IFSRA but no reply.

Does anyone have a working link to this survey?

Thanks!

Has anyone used AIB's online share dealing facility and if so, how have you found them?

I've used it. It's linked to your 24 hour online banking account. You need to have an AIB current account to fund purchases and to receive proceeds from sales.

I've got ISEQ, NASDAQ and LSE shares in it. Works fine for me :)

Thinking of setting up a online share trading a/c with sharewatch but got no reply to email sent asking if i could buy and sell same day up to my a/c ballance also if their service would be suitable for fast trades, read somewhere that when shares are sold that it takes up till 3 days to get funds credited to a/c ifso this wouldnt be good for fast trading, can anyone recomend a service that operates fast online trading of ire and uk shares without breaking the bank with charges like the big brokers here.

Davys will let you buy and sell the same day. min commission is EUR25 with the frequent rate of EUR15.

Thinking of setting up a online share trading a/c with sharewatch but got no reply to email sent asking if i could buy and sell same day up to my a/c ballance also if their service would be suitable for fast trades, read somewhere that when shares are sold that it takes up till 3 days to get funds credited to a/c ifso this wouldnt be good for fast trading.

I've used Sharewatch from time to time for ISEQ/AIM shares (although I predominently use TDAmeritrade for NYSE/Nasdaq) and their service is quite average in my experience. I sold some shares recently and they sent out some forms with no cover letter or instructions on what was required. I then received an irate phone call from one of their brokers as I was about to board a plane in Stansted (irate female Scottish accent is actually quite appealing) because I had not returned the form (my fault). When I explained that I would be away on business for a week and unable to send the form she got really upset and threatened me with penalties.

I politely got her off the call and completed the forms on my return only to wait in excess of 2 weeks for the funds to reach me. As I mentioned I'm an irregular user and to be fair this may have been a one off type of incident. However, my main point in response to your query is that there seems to be a delay in receiving the funds.

All the best.

Would I be right to take it that Sharewatch and NIB are currently the most competitive?

It appears so in my experience, although the way the markets have been going, buying anything now seems overly expensive....

The NIB version is the only one I have any experience of. I have to say I like the Reuters News and research function on it which, as a journalist friend of mine pointed out recently is better than the info they get on their news desk!

RedDevil - I was provided withe the share certificate when I purchased through Sharewatch although the company I purchased was listed on the AIM market. Certainly, if you are doing a one-off type of transaction with them you should get the share certificate regardless.

Do ShareWatch provide you with Share Certificates for ISEQ shares

ShareWatch and Share Certificates

Finally got an answer from them after three E Mails
It is .3% on top of their usual fee

Is there any disadvantages to same day buy and sell of shares concerning certificates etc, would there be a loss of profit of shares due to not obtaining certificates due to fast sameday buy and sell of shares.

Check out sharewatch.com, as far as I am aware they are the cheapest on the market.

Hi Marksa
Can you trade ETFS with an execution only account in NIB?

I have bought shares in a Belgian pharma company through an employee share participation scheme for the last three years. The shares I bought in the first year have now matured ( I don't have to pay income tax ) but they have dropped in value by over 50% since I bought them. They have been held in trust until now by a financial services company who have offered me three options
1.sell the shares.
I dont want to do this as they dropped in value by about 50% and would prefer to hold
2.Transfer to my broker
I dont have a broker so they recommend Davey who it appears are very expensive (annual maintenance charges and very expensive phone share dealing)
3. Take share certs
They cost 30.25 euro's and seems expensive considering they are valued at about 500 euro and I am told that brokers charge higher commissions to sell shares this way.

My preferred option is to hold the shares but in a way that I can sell them in the medium term (2 or 3 years) at minimum cost.

All suggestions greatly appreciated

Back