The Cheapest Irish Stockbroker

kraggy..there is no stamp when you sell.

Its €14.95 per euro trade for the exchanges they list on their website.

Redmayne Bentley(UK firm) in Cork has exact same rates as Fexco but do not have account opening charges and they have no maintenance fees. I fnd them very good since joining them from Goodbodys whos minimum commission was €100. They are open to discuss shares and give general opinions of certain hares no matter what type of client you are. Its a small company at the moment with 4brokers but I hear they are happy to meet clients around munster for personal meetings free of charge and they are holding seminars next month throughout munster again all free of charge( all this info is received from their free weekly email i receive, with regard markets and share tips) I must admit a very good service for me whos a small client €2,000-€6,000. Not sure if they do online.

Redmayne Bentley(UK firm) in Cork has exact same rates as Fexco but do not have account opening charges and they have no maintenance fees. I fnd them very good since joining them from Goodbodys whos minimum commission was €100. They are open to discuss shares and give general opinions of certain hares no matter what type of client you are. Its a small company at the moment with 4brokers but I hear they are happy to meet clients around munster for personal meetings free of charge and they are holding seminars next month throughout munster again all free of charge( all this info is received from their free weekly email i receive, with regard markets and share tips) I must admit a very good service for me whos a small client €2,000-€6,000. Not sure if they do online.

re sharewatch.ie

Hi all,
At €14.95 per trade it seems cheap. When one buys the shares what happens? Are they put into a nominee account or does one get the share certificate? They say there is no account charge.
Just wondering about dividends or a dividend re-invetment plan when there is a nominee account.
Any light you can shed would be appreciated.

Hi all,
At €14.95 per trade it seems cheap. When one buys the shares what happens? Are they put into a nominee account or does one get the share certificate? They say there is no account charge.
Just wondering about dividends or a dividend re-invetment plan when there is a nominee account.
Any light you can shed would be appreciated.

Looks like they offer a nominee account & they have some tie-up with ODL securities for the trading platform. But they list a number on their website - give em a ring and ask. I use TD Waterhouse. At €20 they are dearer, but they do offer a lower rate to frequent traders of €15.00. They also offer dividend re-investment, but at a price.

How/where to sell small shareholdings?

I have a small number of shares in First Active, Vodafone and Irish Life - what's the quickest and most efficient way to turn them into cash? Thanks.

Redmayne Bentley Stockbrokers

I have found Redmayne Bentley stockbrokers to be the cheapest stockbrokers in Ireland, they have no account set up fees, no maintenace fees for having an account. Of course some of the online stuff is cheaper but I find the aservice in Redmayne and the advice they give quite good.

Share Dealing

How do merrion rate, cost wise, i want to open a share accounts for my 2 grandchildren, and lodge money to the account for next 20 years or so, an amount of 3500 euro each per year.. I have my pension with Merrion as it is.

Looks like they offer a nominee account & they have some tie-up with ODL securities for the trading platform. But they list a number on their website - give em a ring and ask. I use TD Waterhouse. At €20 they are dearer, but they do offer a lower rate to frequent traders of €15.00. They also offer dividend re-investment, but at a price.

Do td waterhouse charge a mgmt fee?

Do td waterhouse charge a mgmt fee?
Account Management Fee
€15.00 (+VAT) per quarter will be charged on all inactive accounts.
This fee will be calculated on inactive TD Trading Accounts, in arrears, on the last full weekend of March, June, September and December ("Quarter Dates"). An inactive TD Trading Account is defined as an account that, at the close of business on the relevant Quarter Date, has had no trades executed on it since the previous Quarter Date, and has a cash and / or Portfolio balance of €5,000 or less. Portfolio valuation will be based on the closing mid price on the Quarter Date.

tddirectinvesting.ie/getting-started/rates-and-charges/

Criteria for Choosing a Stockbroker

Am I be correct in saying that the criteria for choosing a stockbroker are:

• Charges (for lodging or withdrawing money, for buying and selling shares, maintenance fees ...);
  • The minimum amount that must be held in the account;
  • Whether or not they issue issue share certificates; and
  • How easy they are to deal with.
Are there other criteria that I should consider?

Am I correct in saying that a share certificate will allow me to trade in those shares if I move from my original stockbroker?

Thanks,
Windo.

Last edited:
good info for every Stockbroker, Thanks for posting

development-website.com

Back