The Cheapest Irish Stockbroker

Any update on this?

A few people want to buy shares in Irish Life and Permanent plc to attend the AGM. What is the best option? At this stage, it has to be a fast option as well to make sure that they get registered in time to attend the AGM.

I suspect that Sharewatch might be the best option.

No annual fee and €14.95 cost of deal.

Brendan

I heard a radio ad this morning for SAM SomerVille Advisory Services who offer a share dealing service through a third party broker as well as CFD'S and spread betting.

0.2% commission on share trades advertised on their website.

No annual fee and €14.95 cost of deal.

***£25 per month will be charged on all accounts who trade less than three times per month***
AND
Ireland, UK, US, Canada, Germany, Netherlands, France, Switzerland. From €17.95 (min) or 0.3%

AND

Government Stamp Duty (applied on all purchases of Irish & UK shares).
Irish Shares: 1% - UK Shares: 0.5%
PTM Levy: This is a levy by the Panel Of Takeovers on all share purchases and sales(applies to Irish & UK shares).
Irish shares: Amounts greater than €12,500 €1.25.
UK Shares: Amounts greater than Stg£10,000 Stg£1.00.
Taxes may change

Kinda Expensive!

It is my experience that TD Waterhouse offers a very poor customer service. To get a query sorted, one has to call their UK call centre: I have often been hanging on the line 30 minutes. Their dealing charges are low but their (hidden) fx charges are unfairly high. For example, if you buy a UK share and want to pay for it from Euro, the conversion could cost you 0.5% but up to 2% for smaller deal sizes.

It is my experience that TD Waterhouse offers a very poor customer service. To get a query sorted, one has to call their UK call centre: I have often been hanging on the line 30 minutes. Their dealing charges are low but their (hidden) fx charges are unfairly high. For example, if you buy a UK share and want to pay for it from Euro, the conversion could cost you 0.5% but up to 2% for smaller deal sizes.

I left TD in the past week having been with them for three years

very cheap for trades but overall , awful service , if you owned a sterling denominated - London market stock , you always appeared to be in the red regardless of the reality

on two occasions , I sold stocks which I was paid for twice , the first time I made use of the lend of free capital and gained to the tune of a few grand , when it happened a second time , I decided that it was only a matter of time when a malfunctioning system would bite me in the ass and I couldn't be sure my complaint would be competently dealt with

moved to saxo , not as cheap but still far cheaper than the major irish brokers

Back