The Boss

joer

Just home from a very good concert in Kilkenny. He, the Boss , started singing at about 7.15 pm and hadn't stopped by the time we left at 10 pm. Great band also .. and great atmosphere..

I've seen Bruce more than a dozen times but paying €200 to hear a multimillionaire singing about the working man has started to rub me the wrong way.

I've seen Bruce more than a dozen times but paying €200 to hear a multimillionaire singing about the working man has started to rub me the wrong way.
Think of all the money you could make , in your seventies, singing about the working man.. ;)...You and him could form a duet..... Now I wonder which of you two would we call the boss then :oops:

Think of all the money you could make , in your seventies, singing about the working man.. ;)...You and him could form a duet..... Now I wonder which of you two would we call the boss then :oops:
Singing is very close to the top of the long list off things I'm terrible at. Unless it's set up like one of those Victorian freak shows nobody would veer pay to hear me sing. They may pay me to stop singing.

That and I'm almost 20 years away from being in my 70's.

Just home from a very good concert in Kilkenny. He, the Boss , started singing at about 7.15 pm and hadn't stopped by the time we left at 10 pm. Great band also .. and great atmosphere..
This was one of the greatest concerts I've attended. The professionalism, the sound, the music, the presentation, and especially Bruce's rapport with the crowd were amazing. 3 hours of sheer magic.

When you put it in that light "The Boss" as a name does not come across well :)

Love Bruce and have seen him in concert loads of times but didn't go this time, too expensive and too many people focused on drinking beer from plastic glasses to even watch the concert. He is an absolute genius though and I won't hear a word to the contrary. !

I had the immense good fortune to see Bruce indoors in the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham 6 rows from the front - Darkness on the edge of town tour many years ago.
The only downside being that the outdoor gigs that I attended could never match that indoor gig.

I had the immense good fortune to see Bruce indoors in the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham 6 rows from the front - Darkness on the edge of town tour many years ago.
The only downside being that the outdoor gigs that I attended could never match that indoor gig.
I saw him in the Point during the Ghost of Tom Joad tour and for the Devils & Dust Tour where is performed an almost entirely acoustic set alone on stage. The latter was my favourite. I've seen him outdoors loads of times.

Reactions: PMU
Saw him in the Point for the Segar sessions, my least favourite of his albums and yet the best gig I saw him play.

Love the fact he played Santa Claus in Cork though.

Back