Best Buy The Avant Tracker mortgage is a clear Best Buy and people should consider switching to it

is it correct to say it'll cost about 1,200 to 1,500 for the switch with just the solicitor requirement?
At least, I would've thought.
Maybe even more than that?

What rate and type (variable or fixed) would you qualify for with Avant?
 
3.04% would be my Flex rate at the moment
I wouldn't consider any other rates/fixed as the 3% I'm on is good, for now!

I must pop a mail to solicitor when AIB respond with a low/no breakage.
 
Is the general view here that nobody will undercut Euribor +0.9% ? I will likely take this up in the coming weeks unless there was some strong signals of fixed rates going below 3% soon. I was 2.3% fixed which was great.
 
Is the general view here that nobody will undercut Euribor +0.9% ? I will likely take this up in the coming weeks unless there was some strong signals of fixed rates going below 3% soon. I was 2.3% fixed which was great
How long is a piece of string? If Avant get enough people moving to it then BOI and AIB will eventually have to compete at least on fixed rates and not just with green loans, but they’ll hold out as long as possible you would have to assume. We took a 1 year fixed last September to see how it all panned out, currrenky AIB and BOI fixed green rate offers for us are close to this, but they’ve been the same for a good while now. Would expect they will have to move further by September, but they won’t unless they are forced to by the market.
 
Fixed 4 year with AIB is up in August, (Had 2.2%).

Flex mortgage looks attractive but with no costs towards switching from Avant, not sure what you do.

Any chance Avant will look to pay switching costs at some stage?

From looking online, switching costs seem to be 1,800 - 2,000 which is a lot of money to stump up first.
 
This sentence
Flex mortgage looks attractive but with no costs towards switching from Avant, not sure what you do.

refers to Avant making a contribution towards the legal costs of a customer switching to Avant.

I got 1,500 from them in 2022 to switch from Ulster Bank.
 
I got 1,500 from them in 2022 to switch from Ulster Bank.
But that presumably predated their Flex mortgage?


Get 1% of your mortgage back in cash◇​

Cover your legal fees or buy something for your new home.

Eg. Borrow a €400,000 mortgage and you will receive €4,000 cashback within two months of your drawdown.

Excludes the 4 year High-Value Mortgage and Flex Mortgage.
Terms and conditions apply
 
@ Clubman, in my post i mention im with AIB and not Avant. Hence the question...

The "from" bit is in relation to switching costs from Avant.
 
I have looked at this again. AIB have 3%, 3 years if LTV below 50%, avant variable would need to drop considerably in 2026 to match. AIB has 3,000 cash back which is making the difference
 
Thanks Brendan. I did a quick online application and was refused because of retired (under 65) despite the case that a 70 yr old won against Avant . As I am still paying a balance of a mortgage with BOI I absolutely have capacity to pay it.
 
I was on an Avant One Mortgage rate of 3.9%. This rate has now dropped to 3.4%.
I contacted them to see what the break fee would be if I moved to the lower rate. I was allowed to move to the lower rate with zero penalties. Just one form to fill out so if anyone is on that higher rate it is worth having the conversation with them.
 
First time buyer looking to drawdown with Avant in Q1.
I originally applied for the Flex Mortgage but now their 3 year fixed has 2% cashback as of yesterday.
Feel I would be mad to not take them up on it and hope the Flex Mortgage is still available in 3 years time!
 
Looking at switching to Flex once my fixed term finishes but the 2% cashback as mentioned above has me second guessing the right play. I do like the variable aspect of Flex though so I still think I'm leaning more that way.
 
Back
Top