The Askaboutmoney Switcher Awards...

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Guys, I think we should launch a new awards ceremony for people who switch mortgages multiple times for cash backs and better rates.

Feel free to nominate yourselves...

Not in any particular order

Misemoi

We've switched twice in chase of better rates. Just check the waiting period before a bank will take you on. I really believe that switchers are not a worry for banks as so few are doing it. Maybe if it was an active market they would be doing analysis and setting up rules.

Sean Og

This is the advice i gave someone on the other thread. Someone else on these forum has switched 3 times in 5 months. Anyway here it is, follow my advice closely now. Get everything in order, wage slips, bank accounts 6 months, salary certs etc. Make 3 copies of everything and then apply to EBS for 2% cashback, apply to PTSB for 2% cashback also and apply to Ulster Bank for their 2.3% rate. They will all process your application at the same time and will all offer you a mortgage everything going well. Your mortgage lasts 6 months. PTSB gave me my cashback within 10 days of draw down last month. I am already in the process of drawing down my BOI offer which i have. I moved from EBS to PTSB last month so after BOI i am going back to EBS for 2% cash back because i never got it previously. The bank might call you and say the underwriters have seen that other banks have carried out a credit check on you within the last days/week, just tell them you are shopping around for best deal and looking at all options. I told them that and it was fine.You are doing nothing wrong and your solicitor should have no issues also. You are just playing the system, less than 1% switch mortgages and you are just ahead of the game.

tom1ie must be on the list for the cheekiness of it.

AIB refused to give me the lower LTV rate, so I switched to EBS and back again to AIB...

Thanks Bronte. Aribitron asked about it, but did they actually switch? Also from that thread

Blackrock1

I switched to BOI with only 3 months with Ebs so not my experience, but you need a story in my case ebs was 3.5% boi was 3 and I’ve end up at Ulster bank at 2.5%

Thanks Bronte. Aribitron asked about it, but did they actually switch? Also from that thread

Blackrock1

I switched to BOI with only 3 months with Ebs so not my experience, but you need a story in my case ebs was 3.5% boi was 3 and I’ve end up at Ulster bank at 2.5%

good thread!

I took intial mortgage with EBS, took 2%, switched to BOI within 3/4 months for better rate and another 2% then finally switched to UB for best 5 year fixed rate probably 7-8 months after that with BOI.

Forgot to say that i now intend to go to KBC for €3000 and maybe AIB and Haven for €2000 each cash back. If anyone is wondering how i did the 3 switches please read some of my posts. You will find all the details there. You need to be organised but if you have the paperwork in order nothing to fear and easy money from the Banks,

Ha ha we've just completed our third switch :) boi-ebs-aib-kbc. It's a nice little hobby of mine :) fixed for a year now much to my solicitor's dismay I'm sure but I will keep an eye on cash back offers. We diligently put the cash back into the mortgage until we had to buy a new car so it made more sense to finance the car than overpay the mortgage.

Ha this is brilliant! I actually can’t believe the carry on of our banks to be honest. I even checked with aib hq and ccpc before I switched and before I switched back that this was allowed. Crazy system, but there to be taken advantage of all the same. Vote Tom! Lol!

Back